8.

"Scott, what are we doing out here?" I question as we walk through the woods.

"Derek used Allison's jacket to lure me into the woods the night of the full moon," Scott starts. "I saw her with it in school today. She said she found it in her locker."

"Okay?" I shrug.

"I think Derek put it in her locker."

"Why would he do that?"

"'Cause he's messing with me. He knows I like Allison, and he knows Allison's father is a hunter," Scott responds.

"How did he even get her jacket?" I ask.

"She left it at the party," he responds.

"That makes sense. I don't remember her wearing it when I took her home that night," I admit.

"Stiles and I think that he killed the girl in the woods."

"Scott--"

"Who else would it have been? He's the only other werewolf in town," he points out.

"I know. It makes sense that it was him, but... I can't help but have doubts," I sigh.

"Why? You don't even know him."

"I know. I don't know. It's stupid," I shrug.

We approach the Hale House, and Scott speaks. "Derek?!"

I glance around when I notice that there's a freshly dug pile of dirt around the side of the house, like something was recently buried. "Scott--"

"Derek?!" Scott shouts.

"Scott!" I snap. He looks over me, and I gesture toward the pile of dirt. I turn my head and jump when I see Derek standing on his front porch.

"Stay away from her!" Scott warns Derek. "She doesn't know anything."

Derek walks down the steps and hops off his porch. "Yeah? What if she does?" He approaches us. "You think your little buddy Stiles can just google "Werewolves" and now you've got all the answers? Is that it?" Scott's quiet. "You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm looking out for you. Think about what could happen. You're out on the field, the aggression takes over and you shift in front of everyone." Derek looks down at Scott's lacrosse stick before leaning down and picking it up. "Your mom, all your friends, and when they see you," he starts before ripping a hole in the net, "everything falls apart."

He tosses it in the air, and Scott catches it. He looks at the net before storming off. "I don't want you to get hurt. Just... back off, okay?" Derek warns.

He starts to walk toward his house when I speak. "Are you threatening me, too?"

He glances back at me. "No. I'm warning you because I don't want to see you get hurt."

"You don't even know me," I point out.

"I don't have to know you to know that you're a good person who's just trying to look out for her brother... You're gonna wind up getting hurt if you don't back off."

"I don't care if I get hurt. I'm not gonna let anything happen to Scott. Him and my mom are all I've got... and I'm willing to do anything to protect them."