17.

As Stiles and I are sitting in my car, I tap my nails against the wheel. "Are you really still mad at me?" Stiles asks.

"Yep," I respond.

"Then, why'd you agree to pick me up and take me home?"

"Because you're still family," I answer.

"Awe," he teases.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes. "When's your Jeep gonna be ready?"

"Tomorrow."

I nod quietly. "Is the traffic always this bad?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

The car in front of me starts to move, and I smile. "Finally."

I start to roll forward when Derek suddenly walks out in front of my car with his hand raised. I notice that he looks... sick.

Suddenly, Derek collapses, and I gasp. "Oh, my God." Both Stiles and I hop out of my car and rush over to him. "What are you doing here?" I question.

"I was shot," Derek admits making my eyes widen.

"What the hell happened?" Scott questions from beside me.

"He was shot," I respond.

"He's not looking so good," Stiles comments.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asks.

"I can't. It was a different kind of bullet," Derek sighs.

"A silver bullet?" Stiles suggests.

"No, you idiot."

"Wait, wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours," Scott states.

My eyes widen. "What? Who said 48 hours?"

"The one who shot him."

He groans, and I notice his eyes shift to blue. "Shit," I mutter. I glance around, and I hear some horns honking behind my car.

"What are you doing? Stop that," Scott hisses.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. I can't," Derek insists as his eyes keep fading from blue to his normal eye color.

More people start to gather, and the cars keep honking.

"Okay," I nod. "Help me put him in my car," I add to Scott and Stiles. Scott helps me pull Derek up to his feet while Stiles opens one of the backseat doors. We help him into my car before shutting the door.

"I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used," Derek says to Scott.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Scott sighs.

"She's an Argent. She's with them."

"Why should I help you?" Scott questions.

"Scott!" I scold.

"Because you need me," Derek responds.

"Scott, just figure it out, okay?" I plead.

"Fine. I'll try," Scott nods.

"Stiles," I start. He looks over at me, and I toss him my keys. "You drive." I hop into the backseat with Derek. "Scott." Scott looks at me. "Please... Just figure out what bullet they used, okay? If not for him, for me."

Scott slowly nods. "I will."

"Let's get out of here," I sigh. Stiles drives out of the parking lot, and I glance over at Derek. "Hey." He looks over at me. "You're gonna be okay."

"Cassie--"

"Don't," I stop him. "You're gonna be okay."