29.

I collapse onto the hard floor, and I gasp for air. "Lock it! Lock it!" Scott urges.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles responds.

"Grab something!"

"What?" Stiles questions.

"Anything!" I slowly look up to see Stiles stand up and peer out the window of the front doors. I push past him and look out the window to see the bolt cutter right outside the door. "No," Scott shakes his head.

"Yes," I state.

"Cassie, no, don't."

I push the door open and step outside. I shut it behind me and glance around. My eyes land on Stiles' Jeep, but I shake the thought from my head. I lean down and pick up the bolt cutters. I look up to see the Alpha walking around the side of Stiles' Jeep.

The second it notices me, it growls at me, and my eyes widen. I quickly dash toward the door, and Scott pushes it open. He grabs my arm and pulls me inside. They pull the door closed, and I place the bolt cutters over the two handles on the doors. I peer out to see that it's gone. "Where is it?" Scott asks. Stiles pulls out a flashlight and shines it through the window. "Where'd it go?"

They slowly back away from the door and over to me. "That won't hold, will it?" I comment.

"Probably not," Stiles states.

I turn around and look down at the dark, empty hallways. I swallow the lump in my throat when I hear a wolf howling. We quickly run down the halls and rush into one of the classrooms. "The desk."

They start to push it, but it screeches along the floor. "Stop, stop," I warn them. I look over at the door. "The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know," Scott nods.

"It's your boss," Stiles states.

"What?"

"Deaton, the Alpha? Your boss," Stiles nods.

"No."

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf," Stiles hisses.

"That can't be," Scott shakes his head.

I scoff. "Oh, come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up 10 seconds later and possibly kills Derek? That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him," Scott insists.

"He killed Derek," I state.

"No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead," Scott sighs.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury," Stiles points out.

"Scott, you better hope it's not because if it is, I swear to God... I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch," I hiss angrily.

Scott pants for breath. "Okay, just... What do we do?"

Stiles breathes heavily. "We get to my Jeep, we get out of here. You seriously think about quitting your job, good?"

Scott rushes over to the window and goes to open it when Stiles stops him. "No, they don't open. The school's climate-controlled,"

"Then we break it," Scott suggests.

"Which will make a lot of noise," I comment.

"Then... Then we run really fast," Scott sighs. "Really fast."

I walk over to the window and peer out. My brows furrow when I see that there's something wrong with Stiles' Jeep. "Stiles, what's wrong with the hood of your Jeep?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong."

"It's bent," I state.

"Like, dented?"

"No, I mean bent," I repeat.

"What the hell--," Stiles starts when something is thrown through the window next to us. We drop down to the floor, and I look up to see that the Jeep's battery is now lying on the floor in front of us. "That's my battery."

"Great. So much for that plan," I mutter.

Stiles starts to stand up, but Scott pulls him back down. "Don't move."

"We have to move."

"He could be right outside."

"He is right outside," I roll my eyes.

"Just let me take a look," Scott says. He slowly stands up and peers out the window.

"Anything?" I ask.

"No."

"Move now?" Stiles questions.

"Move now."