36.

"You sure it was Derek Hale?" Sheriff Stilinski questions.

"Yes," Scott nods.

"I saw him, too," Stiles adds.

"What about the janitor?" Scott asks.

"We're still looking."

"Did you check under the bleachers? Under them?" Scott presses.

"Yeah, Scott, we looked. We pulled them out just like you asked, there's nothing."

"I'm not making this up," Scott insists.

"I know, I believe you. I do."

"No, you don't," Scott snaps. "You have this look like you feel bad for me. Like you want to believe me, but I know you don't."

He sighs. "Listen to me. We're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him. Okay? I promise."

"Sheriff!" I hear a man shout.

"Stay. All three of you."

He walks off, and I exhale. "Well, we survived, dude. You know? We outlasted the Alpha. It's still good, right? Being alive?" Stiles comments.

"We were in the chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think that it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?" Scott points out.

"Well, then how come we're still alive?" Stiles asks.

"It wants me in its pack. But I think, first... I have to get rid of my old pack."

My brows furrow. "What do you mean? What old pack?"

"Allison. Jackson, Lydia. Both of you," Scott admits making my eyes widen.

"The Alpha doesn't want to kill us," Stiles sighs.

"He wants me to do it. And that's not even the worst part."

"How in holy hell is that not the worst part, Scott?" Stiles exclaims.

"Because when he made me shift... I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill you. All of you."

We stare at him in shock, and it's quiet for a while when he notices something. We follow Scott, and my mouth drops open when I see Deaton sitting in the ambulance. "There you are," Deaton states.

"How... How did you...," Scott starts.

"Get out? Not easily. And from what they tell me, I'm alive because of you. I think I owe you a raise," Deaton chuckles.

"Guys, come on, let's let the EMTs do their jobs. You can talk to him later," Sheriff sighs.

He pulls us away, and Scott looks over to see Allison. "Allison!" He rushes toward her, and I roll my eyes.

I'm not even gonna lie. I'm so sick of their relationship. Maybe I'm just bitter because Derek's gone, and nobody but me seems to give a shit.

~ ~ ~

I run my hands through my hair as the sweat washes off my body and drains. I lean my head against the shower wall and exhale.

I don't know if I can do this anymore. Even if, by some miracle, Derek's alive, how are we gonna clear his name? He obviously didn't do this, but we can't blame it on an Alpha werewolf, especially considering we still don't know who it is.

I just... I miss him. I miss him so much already. I haven't gotten time to actually process what happened to him because I was so busy trying to stay alive.

Now that I'm home, I... I don't know how I'm gonna deal with this. I don't know if I can.

I feel my breathing start to become uneasy, and I try to take a few deep breaths, but it's like I can't breathe. I gasp for air before I collapse in the shower and lean against the wall. My hands start to shake, and I shut my eyes. I inhale and exhale a few times while I let my mind wander to Derek.

After a few moments pass, my breathing slows, and I sigh.

I love him.

I open my eyes.

I love Derek Hale.