7.

I look at the sketch in front of me, and I sigh.

God, I can't get him out of my head. I don't know why. I don't know if it's because-- because he's a werewolf or because he turned my brother into a werewolf.

I just-- I can't believe this is real. I'm not dreaming. This. Is. Real.

Scott's a werewolf. Derek's a werewolf. There are people who are called hunters that hunt werewolves which means Scott's in danger.

I don't even know what to think anymore.

I exhale when there's a knock at my door. I slam my sketchbook shut and turn around to see Mom standing in the doorway. "Hey, Mom," I smile weakly.

"It's a late shift again for me," Mom sighs.

"That's okay," I nod.

"I also wanted to let you know I'm taking Saturday off to see Scott's first big game with you," she admits.

I smile. "I'm sure Scott's happy to hear that."

"Yeah."

I notice the expression on her face. "You okay, Mom?"

"Yeah, I'm just worried about your brother."

My eyes widen. "Why are you worried about him?"

"Well, it looks like he hasn't slept in days."

I slowly nod. "I'm sure he's just stressed. You know, school, homework, lacrosse, the big game. But you don't have to worry about him. I'm here, and I'm not gonna let anything happen to him."

"I know... I know. I trust you. Both of you," she nods.

"You better get to work. Don't wanna be late."

"Right. Yeah." She walks toward the door and glances back at me. "I love you."

"Love you too, Mom."

With that, she leaves, and I sigh.

~ ~ ~

I bite into the carrot when I hear a loud crash come from upstairs. My brows furrow, and I stand up from the kitchen table. I start to walk upstairs, and I reach the top when I run directly into someone. I gasp when I stumble back. However, before I can tumble down the stairs, a hand catches my arm and pulls me forward. I sigh in relief and look up to see Derek standing in front of me. "Derek?!" I exclaim. "What are you doing here?"

"Just having a little chat with Scott," Derek shrugs.

"Meaning...?"

"It's none of your concern," he responds before walking past me and down the stairs.

I scoff and follow him down. "Actually, I do think it's my concern, considering it's my brother." He approaches my front door and opens it, but I push it closed. "Why are you here?"

"Scott can't play on Saturday."

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because he shifted on the lacrosse field today in front of everyone." My eyes widen. "If they find out what he is, they find out about me, about all of us. Then, it's not just the hunters after us, it's everyone."

"I--I'm sure no one saw anything," I shake my head.

"Yeah, this time. What about next time?" I'm quiet. "If Scott tries to play in that game on Saturday... I'll kill him myself."

He pulls the front door open and walks out, but before he can leave, I grab his arm roughly and stop him. "I'm not gonna let you hurt Scott," I hiss. He grabs my hand and pushes me against the wall with ease.

"Then, you better keep him in line," he suggests.

"You know, I'm not scared of you, Derek," I state.

He raises his brows and leans in closer to me. "Well, you should be."