11.

I watch as they walk Derek over to the cop car. Derek looks over at me, and our eyes meet. I mouth "I'm sorry" to him, and he shakes his head at me. They open the door and push him into the back of the car.

This feels so wrong. I don't know why Scott and Stiles wouldn't listen to me. I was right. It's more complicated than we realized. The girl is a werewolf which changes everything.

My eyes widen when I see Stiles walking through the woods and toward the cop car.

Oh, what the hell is he doing now?

He glances over at Scott and I, and we both shake our heads. Stiles glances over at the cops before quietly opening the passenger door of the cop car. We both turn away from the car, and I sigh. "I know you're upset, Cassie, but--" Scott starts.

"Upset doesn't even begin to cover it," I cut him off.

"It doesn't matter if she was a werewolf or not. He still killed someone," he sighs.

"But we don't know that he killed her. What if someone else killed her? What if he only buried her because she's a werewolf? What if it's, like, a pack thing?" I suggest.

"A pack thing?"

"I don't know! I don't know how these things work. A couple of days ago I just found out that werewolves exist. Something fictional that just so happens to not be fictional. I don't know what to think, Scott. I'm unsure of pretty much everything around me. The only thing I'm sure of... is that he didn't kill her."

Stiles dad opens the passenger door and yanks Stiles out of the car. He drags Stiles away from the car, and I sigh.

~ ~ ~

"I can't find anything about wolfsbane being used for burial," Scott shakes his head.

"Just keep looking," Stiles responds. "Maybe, it's like a ritual or something. Like, maybe they bury you as a wolf. Or maybe it's like a special skill. You know, like something you have to learn."

"I'll put it on my to-do list," Scott comments. "Right underneath, "Figure out how the hell I'm playing this game tonight."

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves," Stiles continues.

"Okay, stop it," Scott snaps.

"Stop what?"

"Stop saying "werewolves." Stop enjoying this so much," Scott hisses.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"No! No, I'm not. I'm so far from being okay," Scott exclaims.

"You know, you're gonna have to accept this, Scott. Sooner or later," Stiles sighs.

"I can't..."

"Well, you're gonna have to."

"No! I can't breathe," Scott admits.

He hits the roof of the car with his hand.

He's shifting.

"Stiles, pull over!" I order.

"Why? What's happening?"

Scott opens Stiles bag. "You kept it?"

"What was I supposed to do with it?" Stiles defends.

"Stop the car!" Scott shouts.

Stiles immediately skids to a stop, and Stiles hops out with his bag in his hand. I look out the window to see him throw it into the middle of the woods. I look over to see that Scott's door is open, and he's gone. "Okay, we're good. You--," Stiles starts as he turns around to see that Scott's gone.