50.

We walk through the woods, but Derek starts to slow down. "Hold on," Derek pants. "Hold on. Hold on."

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He glances around. "Something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?" Scott questions.

"I don't know. It was... I was kind of like it was...," Derek starts.

"No, don't say "too easy," I shake my head. "People say "too easy" and bad things happen," I add.

Derek rolls his eyes. "What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy," Scott admits.

Derek sighs. "Fine. You're right."

"Thank you," Scott nods.

Suddenly, I hear an arrow fly through the air and hit something. I look over, and my eyes widen when I see an arrow sticking out of Derek. He hits the ground, and I glance around. I gasp when I see Allison holding a bow and Kate standing beside her. Derek starts to push himself off the ground when Allison fires another arrow in Derek's leg.

She raises her bow again. "Scott, your eyes!" Derek shouts.

An arrow lands in the tree behind him, and he hits the ground. "Shit," I curse. "All right, come on." I rush over to Derek. He pulls the arrow out of his chest, and I reach down and pull the arrow out of his leg. He cries out in pain, and I grab his arm and pull him to his feet. We rush over to Scott and each grab one of his arms. We pull him toward the Hale House, but Derek groans in pain and loses grip on one of Scott's arms.

Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain in my thigh, and I cry out in pain. I let go of Scott and hit the ground. I look down to see an arrow sticking out of my thigh, and I gasp. "Scott, go!" I urge. He rubs his eyes and looks up.

"Allison, I can explain," Scott tries as she approaches him.

"Stop lying. For once stop lying," Allison responds.

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because everything that I said, everything that I did...," Scott starts.

"Was to protect me," Allison finishes.

"Yes."

"I don't believe you."

Kate sighs. "Thank God. Now, shoot him before I have to shoot him myself."

"You... You said we were just gonna catch them?" Allison states.

"We did that. Now we're gonna kill them," Kate nods before shooting Derek.

"NO," I scream.

"See? Not that hard," Kate shrugs as she approaches Allison. "Oh, no... I know that look. That's the "you're gonna have to do it yourself" look." She clicks her tongue and points her gun at Scott.

"Kate, Kate, what are you doing?" She tries to stop her, but Kate shoves her aside. "I love those brown eyes."

"Kate!" I hear Allison's dad shout. We look over to see him approaching us. "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do," Kate defends.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun at a 16-year-old boy with no proof he spilled human blood. We go by the code," he points out before saying something in French.

"We hunt those who hunt us," Allison mutters.

Her gun cocks, and I reach into my pocket and pull out my knife. I flick the blade out and look up at her. "Put the gun down," he starts before shooting a warning shot at the tree behind her, "before I put you down."

While she's distracted, I pull the arrow out of my thigh and toss it aside. I force myself to my feet, and I throw my knife as hard as I can at her hand. It slices through the back of her hand, and she cries out in pain. She drops the gun, and I run toward her. I knock her out of the way of Scott, and she hits the ground.

Suddenly, I hear a door creaking open, and I look over to see the front door of the Hale House opening. "Allison, get back," Mr. Argent orders.

Both Kate and Scott push themselves off the ground, and we all back away from the house. "What is it?" Allison questions.

"It's the Alpha."