20.

Derek lays the saw on the table, and Stiles reaches forward and presses down on the trigger. "Oh my God! What if you bleed to death?" Stiles questions as I wrap the blue fabric around his upper arm.

"It'll heal if it works," Derek responds.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Stiles asks me.

"No," I answer as I tie the fabric tight. I look up at him. "But if I have to, I will."

Derek groans before leaning over and throwing up some kind of black liquid. "Holy God! What is that?" Stiles groans.

"It's my body, it's trying to heal itself," Derek replies.

"Well, it's not doing a very good job at it," Stiles sighs.

"Now, you gotta do it now," Derek says to me.

"Derek--"

"Just do it!"

I sigh and grab the electric saw off the table. I press it against his skin, but I don't press the trigger. "Cassie?" I look up to see Scott rushing around the corner.

"Scott?" I gasp.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Scott exclaims.

I look down at the saw. "Last resort," I state.

"Did you get it?" Derek asks.

Scott reaches into his pocket and pulls out the bullet. He hands it to Derek.

"What are you gonna do with it?" I question.

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna...," Derek starts when the bullet falls out of his hand and lands on the floor.

"No, no, no, no," Scott gasps.

Derek collapses, and my eyes widen. I drop down to the floor beside him. "Derek?" He doesn't respond. "Derek, come on. Wake up," I urge.

"Scott, what the hell are we gonna do?" Stiles questions.

"I don't know! I can't reach it," Scott admits.

"He's not waking up," I shake my head as I check his pulse.

It's faint.

"I think he's dying," I cry.

"Just hold on!"

A couple of my tears drop onto his face, and I sigh.

"I got it! I got it!" Scott shouts.

I look down at Derek. "Please don't hate me for this." I raise my fist and punch him in the jaw. I cry out in pain, and his eyes open. I sigh in relief and hold out my hand. He takes it, and I pull him to his feet. He leans against the table and bites down on the bullet cap.

Once the cap is off, he pours the wolfsbane and gunpowder onto the table. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a lighter. I watch as he lights the wolfsbane on fire. It sparks up, and I step back. He sweeps the wolfsbane into his palm before rubbing it onto the wound. I cringe as he sticks his finger into the hole and screams in pain. He falls back onto the ground and his fists clench. He growls, and my eyes widen as the wound slowly heals.

"That was awesome!" Stiles comments. "Yes!"

He slowly sits up. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Except for the agonizing pain?" Derek responds.

"I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health," Stiles states.

"Okay, we saved your life, which means you're gonna leave us alone. You got that?" Scott questions.

I roll my eyes.

"And if you don't, I'm gonna go back to Allison's dad, and I'm gonna tell him everything," Scott warns.

I narrow my eyes at him. "You're gonna trust them?" I scoff.

"You think they can help you?" Derek adds.

"Why not? They're a lot freaking nicer than you are!"

"Are you kidding me, Scott? Do you see what they did to him?!" I exclaim angrily.

"I can show you exactly how nice they are."

"What do you mean?"