52.

I hesitantly approach the Hale House, and I stare at the front door.

Why the hell am I here? I should be avoiding Derek. He... He killed Peter. He-- He somehow became the Alpha. I don't... I don't get it. I don't know why he didn't let Scott do it, so Scott could be cured.

I mean, granted, we don't know if it would've actually cured Scott. In fact, what if it had made him the Alpha?

I don't know. I don't know what to think anymore.

I slowly open the front door and step inside. I glance around before pushing it closed. "Derek?" I call out. I peer into the other room. "I know you're here. Can we talk?"

"About what?"

I gasp and spin around to see a pair of red eyes glowing in the shadows. "It's nice to know some things never change," I comment.

He steps out of the darkness, and his eyes return to normal. "I'm surprised you're here... I didn't think you'd ever speak to me again after what happened."

"I mean... I was pretty angry but never speak to you again? That seems a little dramatic, a little harsh," I sigh.

"Maybe... You know, you've had my back ever since we first met. You've always given me the benefit of the doubt. You've never betrayed me," he starts. "You've been insisting that I'm not a killer, that that's not who I am," he continues. "What do you think now?"

"You... You did what you thought was right," I state.

"Do you think I'm a killer?"

"No. I don't think you're a killer, and I don't think you're a threat or a danger to other people. I think you did what you needed to do," I answer. He slowly nods. "Did I pass your test?"

"I have one more question," he admits as he steps toward me. "Do you still love me?"

I hesitate to answer, but I finally do. "Yes."

"Then, why'd you hesitate?"

"Derek--"

"Why'd you hesitate?" he repeats.

"Do you think I'm lying to you?" I ask. He doesn't respond. "Okay... You tell me." I take a deep breath. "I love you, Derek Hale, and nothing's ever gonna change that."

He strides toward me, and I start to take a step back when he grabs my hand and pulls me toward him. He pushes his lips against mine, and I immediately kiss back. I throw my arms around his neck, and he wraps his around my waist and pulls me closer to him. He deepens the kiss as our chests press against each other's. After a few minutes, we hesitantly break apart breathlessly, and I smile. "Can I tell you a secret?" I whisper.

"What's that?"

"I love the red, but I am gonna miss those gorgeous blue eyes of yours," I sigh.

He chuckles weakly and leans in to kiss me again.