43.

Derek and I look down at Stiles' computer, and Danny sighs. "There. The text was sent from a computer. This one."

My eyes widen. "Registered to that account name?" Derek questions.

"No, no, no, no. That can't be right," I shake my head as I look at the account name which is 'Melissa McCall'.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

~ ~ ~

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing," Stiles says into the phone.

Derek grabs Stiles' wrist and pulls the phone toward him. "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something."

"No, no, the thing's flat. And no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing," Scott responds.

Stiles pulls the phone away from Derek, and I sigh. "I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him... Tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." He hangs up the phone and tosses it on the dashboard.

"You're not gonna make it," Derek shakes his head.

"I know."

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either," Derek adds.

I sigh. "Not till we find out the truth." I look back at him. "She's innocent." He slowly nods, and I look out at the Beacon Hills Hospital sign.

"By the way, one more thing," Derek adds to Stiles.

"Yeah?"

He pushes Stiles' head and hits it against the steering wheel. "Oh, God! What the hell was...," Stiles starts.

"You know what that was for," Derek hisses.

"You did kind of deserve that," I agree. "All right, I'm going," I add before opening the passenger door.

"Hey," Derek stops me. I look back at him. "Be careful."

I smile. "I will."

~ ~ ~

"Yeah, I said can't find her," I state.

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle," Derek responds. I walk around the corner and peer into Peter's room. My eyes widen when I see that his room is empty.

"He's not here either," I admit.

"What?"

"He's not here. He's gone, Derek," I repeat. Derek's quiet as Stiles and I leave Peter's room. "Derek?" I question.

"Cassie, you need to get out of there right now. It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!" Derek exclaims.

From the corner of my eye, I notice a figure standing a few feet away from me. I slowly turn my head to see Peter standing behind me. I swallow the lump in my throat and exhale. "Derek," I whisper.

"You must be Cassie," Peter states.

I slowly lower my phone and turn around to leave when I see Jennifer behind me. "What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over."

My eyes narrow at her. "You..." I look over at Peter. "And him." I look back at her. "You're the one who... Oh, my God." My eyes widen as I realize that I'm in danger right now.

Suddenly, Derek appears behind me and punches Jennifer directly in the face, and she hits the floor.

I gasp. "Derek."

"And Stiles," Stiles adds as he steps out from behind me.

"That's not nice," Peter frowns. "She's my nurse."

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way," Derek responds, adding the last part to me.

"You don't have to tell me twice," I shake my head. I rush past him and both Stiles and I run over to desk.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family?" Peter questions as he starts to walk toward Derek.

Derek growls, and I watch as his eyes fade to blue.

God, I'll never get over how beautiful his blue eyes are.

Derek tries to tackle Peter, but Peter throws Derek against the wall with ease. He leans down and grabs Derek's neck. He starts to drag him along, and he struggles underneath his grip. "My mind, my personality were literally burned out of me. I was being driven by pure instinct." He drops him onto the ground and kneels next to his nurse.

"You want forgiveness?" Derek asks as he pushes himself off the ground. He punches Peter in the face and tries to kick him back, but Peter blocks his leg. He headbutts him in the head.

"I want understanding." He raises his leg and kicks Derek back. "Do you have any idea what it was like for me during those years?" Derek spits out some blood and looks up at him. "Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness." Derek starts to push himself up. "Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that."

Derek jumps up and tries to hit him, but Peter dodges his attack. Derek keeps trying to hit him, but Peter easily dodges each of his swings. He catches Derek's hand and squeezes so tight, I hear bones crunch. Derek slowly knees to the ground as he groans in pain.

God, I hate seeing him this happen to him and not being able to do anything about it.

"I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you."

He picks him up and throws him through the glass that separates the workers from the lobby. I hear the glass crunching underneath Derek and Peter walks right past Stiles and I and follows Derek.