30.

"This way," Scott starts.

"No, no, no," I stop him.

"What?"

"Somewhere without windows," I state.

"Every single room in this building has windows," Scott points out.

"Okay, somewhere with less windows," I correct.

Scott glances around. "The locker room."

"Yeah," Stiles nods.

We rush down the hall and once we reach the locker room, I shut the door behind us. "Call your dad," Scott says.

"And tell him what?"

"I don't know, anything. There's a gas leak, a fire, whatever. If that thing sees the parking lot filled with cop cars, it'll take off," Scott whispers.

"What if it doesn't? What if it goes completely Terminator and kills every cop in sight, including my dad?" Stiles suggests.

"They have guns," Scott shrugs.

"Yeah, and Derek had to be shot with a wolfsbane-laced bullet to even slow him down. Remember that?" I remind him.

"Then we... We have to... We have to find a way out and just run for it."

"There's nothing near the school for at least a mile," I shake my head.

"What about Derek's car?" Scott asks.

I think about it for a moment. "That could work. We'd have to get the keys, which are probably outside with his--," I start before cutting myself off. "Okay."

We walk toward the door when I hear a faint clattering coming from the other side. I grab Stiles wrist to stop him from opening the door. "What?"

"I think I heard something," I respond.

"Like what?"

"Shh," I shush him. I look up at the door, and my eyes widen when I see that there's something all over the window. We slowly back up, and I glance around. "Hide."

Stiles rushes over to a locker and opens it up. "No, Stiles--," Scott starts as Stiles stuffs himself inside the locker.

Both Scott and I rush into two different lockers and pull the doors closed. I feel a few tears roll down my cheeks.

I can't believe Derek might actually be gone. I can't get the images of blood pouring out of his mouth out of my head.

And I left him out there. I left him behind. I should've— I should've tried to save him. I told him I'd do anything to protect him, and I meant that, so why didn't I do anything?

I hear the locker room door open, and I cover my mouth with my hand.

Suddenly, I hear a scream, and we all tumble out of the lockers.

"Son of a bitch!"

"Shh, quiet," Stiles tries to shush the janitor.

"Quiet my ass, what the hell are you trying to do, kill me?" the janitor questions. "All three of you, get out."

"Just listen for a half a second, okay?" Stiles sighs.

"Not okay. Get the hell out of here right now."

He pushes us out of the locker room. "God, just one second to explain."

"Just shut up and go," he hisses.

Suddenly, he's pulled back into the locker rooms, and the door slams shut. I watch in horror as he's pushed against the door and blood splatters the window. Scott tries to get the door open, but Stiles grabs him, and we run down the hall.