41.

"Faster?" I ask Scott and Stiles, who are in the backseat.

"Much faster," Stiles responds.

I raise a brow before slamming my foot on the gas. I glance into the rearview mirror. "Have I mentioned that I hate this bitch?"

"Once or twice," Stiles replies.

"Hey, wait. They're gone," Scott admits.

"It can't be that easy," I shake my head.

Stiles hits the button on his radio. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

"That's gotta be where they went," I state.

Once we reach the iron works, I spot Derek kneeing behind a piece of equipment. I skid to a stop, reach over, and open the passenger door. "Get in!"

Derek glances up at Allison's dad, and he starts to shoot at Derek as he runs toward the car and hops in. The bullets bounce off the car as I drive away. "What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott questions.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek exclaims.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asks.

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up."

"Whoa. Hey, they're just doing their jobs...," Stiles starts.

Derek glares at him. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it," Scott sighs.

"That's putting it mildly," I comment. "All right, how did you find him?" Derek's quiet, so I scoff. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"I do trust you. It's those two idiots that I have problems with trusting," Derek responds.

"Well, we're a package deal, so spill," I state.

"The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris," Derek starts.

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles questions.

"Why him?" Scott asks.

"I don't know yet."

"What's the second?" I press.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. "Some kind of symbol." Scott leans forward and looks at it. "What? You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace," Scott nods. "Allison's necklace."

"Of course. Why am I not surprised?" I mutter.

~ ~ ~

"I kind of like having you here," I admit as I run the brush through my newly washed hair.

"Why?" Derek questions.

"I don't know... You're kind of like my little secret," I smirk.

"You sure your mom won't find me here?"

"Nope. I'm pretty much always home, so I can make sure she doesn't go in my room when I'm not here, and even if she did, you're not gonna be left here alone," I assure him. "So, you better get used to being around me."

He chuckles. "I think I can deal with that."