*34

Tonight was a busy night at the winery

Tonight was a busy night at the winery. Every chair was taken in every room. It was a new experience for me. The excitement was thrilling but from the looks on Robert's face, it seemed to be overwhelming.

Most of my time here I shadowed Robert as he worked the front of the house. I greeted customers and paid close attention to what each one ordered. It was a toss between a couple of bottles of the Grapejuice Blues and a Juice tour, which is a glass of every single wine they have along with a tour of the winery.

Everywhere you looked you saw a smile on a stranger's face. It was a radiant site to see and I was proud of Harry for accomplishing something like this. To be able to make each person smile from the joys of wine is astonishing. The rooms were filled with echoes of chatter and laughter. It was a building that made you feel safe and comfortable.

And Harry was nowhere to be found to witness any of it.

When I decided to give this job a trial run, a big part was the hopes of following Harry around all day. It may sound stupid and clingy, but I'd do anything to be close to him. Even if we stand together in silence, he's my haven, and I only want to be near him.

Another factor was the money. It wasn't a massive issue since Lainey comes from a family that doesn't need to worry about money. I envied her for never being worried about paying past-due bills. That's all I did back home because my mother was never conscious enough to take care of it all. I do have to pay her back for everything she's done for me, and I also wanted to have my savings.

I wouldn't make enough to pay for a plane ticket, but I wanted to make a decent amount to give to her. To show that I can stand on my own too feet, even when it comes to stressful struggles. For instance, if Lainey continued to travel and I stayed, making this money and having this job shows that I can do it on my own.

I'd be secure here.

Now that it was evening and the sunset would be approaching, I couldn't wait to see the golden view from the balcony. I don't think any sunset could beat the ones here every night. I imagined that's why so many people came here.

Robert decided to take a little breather and get fresh air out by the lake. Before he left me alone at the front desk, he continued to assure me he wouldn't be far in case I needed him. I found it sweet that he was so reassuring. Throughout the day he always told me how well I was doing, which made me feel good inside. Starting a new job was always nerve-racking for me. Walking into a new place where people didn't know you is terrifying but you won't know how well you do until you try.

I'm trying today and Robert saw it. He has my back and after spending the day with him, I can say he has such a caring yet protective heart. He makes you feel as if he's your big brother and I enjoyed being with him today.

Now I was sitting on a barstool behind the small desk that was at the entrance of the winery. At this point, I felt confident with welcoming new customers, but this time of day it tends to be slow, and honestly, I don't think we could fit any more people due to how crowded it was.