Chapter 27

Blood-scented butterfly

"Haha, alright, and then what happened?" Gaster asked you, as he lied next to you on the bed under the sheets, with his bare ribcage exposed, listening to you.

It was late night by then: you were now lying next to each other, and he had asked you to tell him everything that had happened, at least between the two of you, before he disappeared. He was lying on his side, with his elbow pointed against the pillow and his head resting on his closed hand, as he looked at you with interested yet flirty eyes.

"After you decided to stop teasing me, we started talking seriously and I wondered for example what could your favourite colour be, and out of nowhere you said purple and black because you read my mind: and I gotta admit, that creeped the hell out of me" you said smiling, as the sheets covered you just above your chest, leaving outside your bare arms.

"Was I really that teasing towards you?" he asked jokingly with a big smile on his lips, which made you look at him with a shocked glance.

"Are you kidding me? You were a complete asshole" you replied to his tone with a big smile as well.

"Geez, don't hurt these bones' feelings, will you?" he replied as he gently booped your nose with his finger, which caused you to giggle.

"Nevertheless, you caught my interest pretty quickly" you said as you turned on your side to look at him directly into his eyes. He kept staring into your eyes the whole time, looking eager to hear more and more.

However, this time you just remained silent, smiling at him and caressing his hand. At some point, he raised a brow, as if he just noticed something.

"My dear, are you alright?" he asked as he gently brushed a lock of your hair behind your ear.

"Don't worry, I am fine..." you replied as you grabbed his hand on your ear "I couldn't be any happier right now, believe me. I was just wondering...do the things I've told you now ring a bell? Do you remember something now?"

Despite his smile, his expression grew a little bit serious, seemingly focusing on something in his mind right then.

"I would lie if I said that yes, I remembered something...I apologise, my dear: it seems the machine erased my memories for the time being. The only thing we can hope now is that eventually they will return back: but regardless, we can still create many more beautiful memories together, don't you agree?"

You smiled as your eyes lighted up, and nodded once again.

"Yeah, I completely agree, my love" you replied as you moved and returned to fully lie on your back, staring at the ceiling: even if you weren't looking, you knew he was still gazing at you.

And smiling as well.

He raised his brow once again and smirked.

"You're not done with your questions, aren't you?" he asked with a flirty smile, a smile that brought you back exactly to when the two of you first talked: he always had that smug smile on.

"Geez...how did you guess it?" you said as you turned your head and looked at him with half-closed eyes.

"I know you, Y/N. Even if my mind doesn't remember knowing you, my heart does. I can tell when something is over your mind, whether it's something happy or something that is bothering you"

Your eyes slightly widened as you heard those words: at the same time, you could feel some blush growing on your cheeks.

"I...yeah, well...there is something: I can't help but wonder...how can you trust my words so easily? I am saying the truth, but how do you know that I am actually saying it?"