~Year 1~ The Sorting

I woke up early and slipped on the outfit I had picked out the night before. I went down stairs and quickly ate my breakfast as fast as I could earning a few stares from Lucius and Narcissa. Who were also shocked I had woken up early, as I was one of those kids who could sleep in all day and still be tired, and stay up all night and not be tired whatsoever. I'm weird what can I say. Once I finished my breakfast I practically ran back up to my room and began packing my supplies in my trunk. I made sure I had my and my books and my . Who I decided to name Styx. I started folding up my clothes when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Narcissa. I tried to keep my face blank of emotion but I don't think it work because her mouth tilted down in a frown. She cleared her throat and said "You left this down stairs." handing me my Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them book. It was my favorite book and I had almost all of it memorized. I my mouth came open a bit shocked by her kindness.

"I know it's your favorite and that you would want it" she said pressing the book into my arms. True I had another copy for school but this one was special it's the copy I've been secretly taking notes of all the different things about the creatures. I muttered a 'thank you' and shut the door. I set the book down next to my other books making sure it was safe and secure before going back to packing my clothing. Once I finish I dragged my trunk down the stairs ignoring Lopsy's requests to let her do it. I sat down my trunk and ran back up stairs to Draco's room. I opened the door to see him still sleeping. I rolled my eyes and walked over his bed and lightly shook him. I shook him again and he still didn't wake up. I decided to take things a little more extreme. I put my lips next to his ear and screamed as loud as I could. Which was loud. He woke up immediately and screamed and fell off the bed. At this point on was the ground laughing hysterically. He stood up yelled "NOT FUNNY!". Which was even more hilarious to see that his pajamas at little broomsticks on them.

"Nice—Pjs—" I wheezed out in between laughs. He flushed red and looked down at his clothing. Once I had calmed down enough to talk right I told him "We're leaving in a hour. You still need to pack your trunk and change from that" I gestures to his clothing before letting out another laugh.

"Yes, mum I'll get right on it. Now leave I need my privacy." He said

"Nah, I'm good right here." I retorted sarcastically. He responded by grabbing my forearm and yanking me out of his room and slammed the door behind him.

"And you say I'm rude." I say rolling my eyes walking back down stairs. To find Lucius talking with Narcissa. Me being the superb super spy hid behind the wall to ease drop on the conversation.

"He knows, I'm trying to get you to see reason. She can't go to Hogwarts, they'll find out." Lucius said

"She'll be fine. Plus it wasn't me who was considering to let her go yesterday and you know very well Severus will protect her." Narcissa responded

"And if she's sorted into house he won't approve of?" Lucius said in a shouting whisper.

"You no very well that she is fit for one house only." She responded curtly

"What about the last name, if they find out-" he started before getting interrupted by Narcissa.

"Those who know her last name are dead. Not even we were allowed to know that. She is sufficient enough with the one she has now." Narcissi said, "end of discussion" and with that she walk out of the room and turned the corner only to run into me. I sucked in a breath as she noticed who had been behind the wall. She looked down at me with a icy glare. She pushed past me like I was a mere thought and didn't even bother with any questions. I ran back upstairs to my room and sat on my bed and called for my house elf. Lopsy appeared as soon as I had called.