ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏᴡ?

DARYL'S POV :) (Very short though sorry) 

The whole time I was out in that damn forest I was stuck thinking about Scarlet. I thought about her curly hair and the way it always bounces when she walks, her pale skin that turns a bright red color when she blushes. Ya would think I was going crazy out there. For a while I told myself I wasn't, that I would be able to live out there with Merle and completely forget about the family I was leaving behind.

Then the family on the bridge happened. It was like a smack to the face, realization hit me harder than any punch by Merle.

I missed Scarlet.

Then the fuckin weird group happened. I swear those guys we're bigger assholes than me and Merle combined. I might have also lied so Rick would come and get our asses. I knew Rick would need backup and with Scarlet being the quickest and best hand to hand fighter, I'd get to see her sooner. 

I know that's a little selfish but I don't care one bit. Not when it comes to my girl.

"Ya awake?" My question makes her turn in her sleep, away from me, and I huff. She's so beautiful, I don't know how she ever thought I hated her.

 "I am now." Her voice makes my heart beat quickly. Damn I've gone completely soft. I watch as Scarlet turns again, pulling the blanket around her while she faces me, her hair crazy, going everywhere.

We stare at each other for a minute, smiles on our faces like the love sick dogs we are. I still can't believe what happened yesterday. I guess I'm not the best with my emotions, so Scar being able to understand them that well was... surprising? No not that, I knew she'd understand. Another reason I love her. More... relieving. Not having to explain myself was nice. I haven't felt anythin "nice" since I was a kid.

 "I can't believe I ate that much last night." She blushes, hiding her face under the blanket and I swear my heart feels like it's being microwaved. This girl makes me feel thangs. That's more than any one, ever.

"Ya need to start eatin more." Good job Daryl. Now she probably thinks yur the cold prick as usual.

"I know." Her eyes drift to my bare chest and I steal some of the blanket, lifting it on top of me.

A bang rattles against the cell bars making us both jump up. I ain't used to this, by now I'm usually up and already huntin. This girl got my schedule all messed. 

BACK TO SCARLET <3 

It's chickens who don't know how to fly right? Well I feel like one right now. We've been standing outside, well ducking outside, behind a metal garbage for twenty minutes. With the governor hot on our tail, we can't risk being outside in the open. But with my legs aching and my stomach cramping, I'd rather get shot right now.

Daryl and I have been close to each other all day, touching each other any chance we get. I know I told Daryl I'd wait but man is he making it hard. Especially right now. He's crouched next to me, peering through a sniper scope at the vast forest in front of us.

His arm flexes every time he turns and I happily watch. "What are ya makin that face for?" I raise a single finger in the air, waiting for the cramp to go away. The only thing about the apocalypse, periods suck big balls.

"Sorry it was a cramp." He instantly goes into overdrive. First he furrows his eyebrows, looking my body up and down. Then he opens his mouth for a second but shuts it a second later, a queasy look on his face.