#33#

Like a petulant child who has been refused his favourite candy, Lan Zhan pouted, shaking his head in response as he brought his life back into his arms, snuggling closer and humming happily, bringing a bright smile on Yingying’s face who found the sweet adorable childish behavior of soon to be turning thirty years old Zhan gege quite amusing.

“Zhan gege, tell me, have you heard the rumour which Xichen gege and Ayuan gege spread in the entire Cloud Recesses intentionally, to give Ying’er an opportunity to escape from the regular lectures and attend Zhan ge’s special lectures and training session?”

“Mn”

“Lan Zhaaannn! Stop being a bee and say something more, add a few words okay?!

Those two- told everyone that because Ying’er was so indisciplined during all his skill trainings and disrespected the elders by leaving in the middle of the classroom lectures that Ying'er needs to be punished!

And for the punishment... Ying'er has to study directly under the cold stoic and strict guidance of Hanguang Jun. This isn’t fair! They are talking sh-bad about Ying'er as well as you! YOU!!!

Won't you stop them? Say something?
Anything? Like maybe ...appreciating me a bit? Hmn?

Ying’er hasn’t disrespected the elders nor was I indisciplined during any of my trainings.

I'm definitely not being punished by studying under your guidance! They tainted your Ying’s name and you are not saying anything! Lan Zhan...they are all laughing at me, Zhan gege!

Help me na...please?" Yingying pouted his soft pink lips even more, blinking his eyes continuously for better effect

Lan Zhan coughed awkwardly, trying to control his desires before his lips upturned into a soft amused smile as he exclaimed, “Oh! Is my little Ying’er being wronged? But…didn’t he escape from Shifu’s classes in the middle of his lectures?

And didn’t he sword fight with seniors much above his age in his last training session and defeated them all quite miserably?”

Ying’s eyes widened in sheer disbelief, “That’s not true! It's not what really happened! Or maybe it did b-but you know the real reason, Zhan gege!!! It’s not my problem if the lectures were all repetitive and boring and it most certainly isn’t my fault if the seniors lost to me because of their poor skills! Hmph!”

“Then… Ying’er needs to be punished because he forgot our Lan clan’s rule “Arrogance is prohibited,” he said with a straight face and as expected, little Ying’er started struggling to break free from his arms, whining dramatically how badly he was being bullied and wronged by his own tiny family but soon the whining turned into unrestrained laughter when the great Hanguang Jun punished Ying’er by tickling him continuously without showing an ounce of mercy.

The day started with the usual routine  activities, having strategically healthy and spicy breakfast made by his Lan Zhan exclusively for his Ying’er and the clan’s bland lunch for himself and Ayuan who then helped his baba with cleaning of the dishes meanwhile an exuberant Ying'er excitedly prepared his study and training materials for the day.

After saying their long dramatically emotional goodbyes for a short time, Ayuan reluctantly proceeded for his lectures while Ying began his training with Lan Zhan who was more than elated with this new arrangement.

No matter how anyone would see it, the thrill of sparring with his Ying’er despite their current height and age gap was something Lan Zhan would never miss. Even if it means he had to apply for absence in his daily lectures and skip a few of his clan duties.

Ying'er will always come first and foremost in his life... besides Cloud Recesses can be managed by others just fine.

“H-Hanguang Jun!!! Apologies for the interruption. Zewu Jun has requested your presence in the Main hall, alone, immediately.”

Lan Wangji, the well-known stoic faced Hanguang Jun, glared intensely at the innocent Lan disciple, frowning openly with distaste, causing shivers to run down his spine.

The Lan messenger looked like he was regretting his entire life decisions for voluntarily being the one to disturb cold and merciless Hanguang Jun’s personal teaching session meanwhile wondering what trouble that Ying brat had caused now that could make the calm and composed Lan Wangji look this angry and disturbed.

He couldn’t have been more wrong though…

“Lan Zh-err Hanguang Jun! I promise to continue practicing all the essential steps I've learned today. Please do not worry. Ying won’t slack off while you are away discussing some important matters with Sect Leader Lan," Ying said with a polite smile, knowing well enough the reason behind Zhan gege’s sudden mood change but also hinting at the criticality of situation otherwise Xichen gege would have never called Lan Zhan immediately

Reluctantly, Lan Zhan nodded, looked at his Ying’er longingly before making his way towards the Main hall quickly followed by the Lan disciple.

I wonder if it’s about the dark forest again. Ying’s birthday is tomorrow Zhan gege. I hope you won’t make any rash decisions or else, I won’t be able to stop myself.

Although Prince Ying wasn’t cursed in last life, he still lost his entire family, his loving parents and his prosperous Xiang kingdom to the murderer of his parents because of a prophecy at the time of his birth.

And in the end, he even caused you to die within a year of his death. I failed to save you then but this time Ying’er won’t let anyone or anything harm you, Zhan gege.

Ying'er is sorry for what I’m about to do. I didn’t want to hide anything but even if you get angry with me, Ying’er can’t let you go to the dark forest all alone. I feel so upset, angry a-nd weird when you don’t care about your own life...all this to find the culprits behind your friend Wei Wuxian’s death!!!

Just how good Wei Wuxian was to you that you always forget about your little Ying’er?!

Even after knowing those monstrous d-dogs are evil creatures and want to harm you, you still want to go there... alone and that too on Ying's birthday!

Initially, I only wanted to resume my lessons and learn the truth about our past but after listening to your decision and everything with Xichen gege that day, I can’t let you go away from my sight. Ying’er knows Zhan gege won’t approve of me accompanying you to the dark forest therefore I’ll find a way to follow you secretly and protect you from the danger.’

*Don't forget to vote!*