♱⋰part 16⋱✮

Tomorrow would be the first day of school and I was beginning become nervous. Matt asked to hang out today again and I obviously said yes. We were meeting at the park at night so I was getting ready right now.

I chose a black tube top and blue denim jeans. I put on a few necklaces and a bracelet on for accessories. I wasn't sure why Matt wanted to meet at a park, but I was just happy to see him again so I really didn't care where we would be meeting.

- time skip -

- time skip -

I see Matt sitting at the same swing set when I had apologized to him. I smile at him as he sees me. His face lights up and he waves at me.

"Hi, Y/N!" i hear him shout. I wave at him and continue to walk over to him.

"Hey! How are ya?" I plop down next to him on the other swing.

"I'm good! Ready for school tomorrow?" Matt asks looking at me.

I look down and think about it for awhile. "Yeah I guess. I just don't wanna see everyone after what happened."

He nods in agreement. "Yeah, I understand."

After that we sit in silence until it gets dark. It wasn't awkward between us. I actually enjoyed the silence.

"Hey can I ask you something?" Matt asks, breaking the silence.

I kick the sand below me "Anything," I say not even looking at him.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" I hear him say.

I stop kicking the dirt but continue to look at the ground. It took me awhile to process what he had just said. "Sorry?" I look up.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" he asks again, now smiling.

My heart begins to race and my face becomes hot. I knew that dating Matt would make my friends upset again but Matt really makes me happy. And who really cares?

Slowly grin and eagerly nod. "I would love that."

He comes closer and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I rest my head on his shoulder. He hold my hand and kisses me on the forehead. I smile and close my eyes, enjoying the moment.

Eventually I check the time and see that it's 10:36. I begin to get up and leave. "Hey I gotta get going soon. my mom probably thinks you kidnapped me and we have school tomorrow."

Matt chuckles and gets up too. "It's okay I gotta get going soon anyway too."

"I'll see you tomorrow though, right?" I question.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. "Of course, love. I'll see you later." I kiss him and say goodbye and start walking home.

I open the door and throw my shoes off before running around the house, trying to find my mom. She sat on the couch, watching tv, not noticing that I had arrived home.

"Mom!" I yell and jump on the couch next to her.

"Jeez! Why are you so hyper?" she looks at me confused.

"Matt asked me to be his girlfriend," I slightly bite my bottom lip.

My mom's face lit up and she gives me a tight hug. "Aww! I'm so happy for you!"

I smile and hug her back. "Thanks, mom."

——————————————————————————
A/N
so sorry for the short chapter but i really didn't want to keep you guys waiting!!!