♱⋰part 36⋱✮

"Can I just skip school today?" I beg to my mom. "It's not like I have any tests to do."

"I've got work today and you're already skipping tomorrow for your dentist appointment!" she shakes her head.

"This will be the last time I'll ever ask I swear," I plead.

She sighs and pinches her nose bridge. "You said that last time. Now go get your stuff. We're leaving." I groan and angrily walk upstairs to grab my backpack. I really didn't want to go to school today. I mean who would?

Mom and Lilly were already in the car, so I grabbed a pair of my shoes, locked the door, and ran barefoot to the car. My mom was the type of person to actually leave me behind if I wasn't in the car on time.

"You need better time management," Lilly said as I slammed the car door shut.

"Yeah ok, Lilly." I scorn. "You're not even six, yet!"

"And yet I have better time management than you!" she crosses her tiny arms. I honestly didn't know how to respond to that because she truly wasn't wrong.

"Alright! Everyone just relax!" My mom furrowed her eyebrows. I sigh and look out the window.

It wasn't long until we arrived at my school. My mom parks at a curb and waits for me to get out.

"Bye, Y/N! I'll see you later," she smiles.

"Bye guys," I waved goodbye and shut the door before walking into my campus. I walk through the double doors into the main entrance and look around, trying to find Sam. I go to our spot where we usually meet up which was the bleachers. No one ever hung out there so we had it all to ourselves. To my suprise, she was sitting there. She would always be late to school so I was shocked to see her there.

"Y/N!!" she exclaims as I stepped up the bleacher stairs.

"Hii!" I reply, sitting down next to her.

"Friday was crazy, huh?" she widens her eyes.

"Oh God, yeah. I never expected that night to end that way," I nervously giggle. "I don't know, I just hope Bill is doing okay."

Sam nods in agreement. "I know right? He handled it so well."

"Maybe you could make your move now!" I nudge her with my elbow and chuckle.

She shyly smiles and blushes. "We've been friends ever since kindergarten. If he really liked me, he probably would've told me."

The bell rings we so we start gathering our stuff. "Well you know how he is!" I suggest as I throw my backpack over one shoulder. "He would never express his feelings first."

"I guess," she mumbles as we walk into the main building.

"Just get to know him more," I give her a slight smile.

"Maybe.." she sighs. We walk through the hallways before saying goodbye and going our separate ways.

I walk into bio, set my things down, and sit in my chair. Of course, Tom wasn't there. He was never on time. I look at the clock. 3 minutes until class would start. I eagerly tap my foot on the floor, looking at the door, waiting for him to run in.

I then look back at the clock, a few more seconds until the second bell would ring. "Three, two, anddd.." I drag on.

Suddenly, Tom comes running in, sweat forming on his forehead and a look of urgency on his face. I began to laugh as he sat down next to me.

"You're always late," I chuckle.

"I slept in," he whines. "And I had to walk to school today."

"It's those baggy jeans slowing you down," I raise my eyebrows. He chuckles and shakes his head.