♱⋰part 22⋱✮

- time skip -
(at least a month in school)

i was in bio and taking notes. mr. harrison explains about food chains and all that. tom was doing the same thing. everything has been the same between us. no contact whatsoever.

mr. harrison wraps up his lessson but there was a good 20  minutes left in class. i put away my notebook and start working on other schoolwork from different classes.

"alright class! today i'm going to be assigning you first ever partner lab." mr. harrison announces.

"you've gotta be fucking kidding me." i mumble. i cover my face with my hands and try to recollect myself. i hear tom mumble something to himself in german so i slightly glance over at him. he was also covering his face with his hands and slightly banging the table with his fist.

"you will be making a poster of a food web. it must be colored and have more than 5 animals on it. it'll be due next monday so you will have all week to do it." he explains. that wasn't too bad. we had a lot of class time to do it.

"but, i will not be giving you class work to do it. you're gonna have to meet up on your own time." he finishes.

my smile begins to fade again as he finishes his last sentences. of course i spoke too soon.

"i will be passing out the poster right now, so start coming up with ideas." he starts walking around and hands out papers.

the class starts to fill up with conversations, but tom and i both stay silent. i knew that he wasn't gonna initiate the conversation first so i had to do it.

i gather myself up and face him. "so do you have any ideas yet?" he shakes his head no and looks away. i go quiet and think before coming up with an idea.

"umm ok. well was thinking that we could choose a biome and then get a list of animals and go from there." i explain.

"alright." he talks the paper from mr. harrison.

"so, do you wanna work at my house or yours?"

"i'm okay with both." he responds.

"how about we just switch off." i suggest.

"sounds good. let's go to my house tomorrow."

"okay." i grab my stuff and pack up then wait until the bell rings.

we both knew that we had to get along with each other for our own grade. we continued to sit in silence and wait until the bell rings.

- time skip -

i sit down in my seat and wait for bill to come back from the restroom. sam had to sit all the way in the front because of what happened in the beginning of school. bill and i made fun of her for it for the longest time. i see bill walk in and he plops down next to me.

"hey." bill says out of breath.

"why are you gasping for air?" i ask.

"because the bathroom is so far from this class." he groans. "i had to run over here."

"oh that sucks. at least your getting your exercise." i giggle.