♱⋰part 5⋱✮

It was the night before the last day of school, and I really didn't know what Tom and I were anymore. But I knew I had to move on. I've been talking to this guy, Matt, recently and we've been getting along pretty well. We actually had a lot in common. I look out my window, resting my head on my hand, thinking about him. As I stare out my window, I hear my phone chirp. I flop on my bed and grab my flip phone to see who texted me.

matt <33

matt <33
hey y/n, wyd??

you
nothing rlly. wbu?

matt <33
texting you 😉

you
LOL

matt <33
hey i was actually wondering
if you wanted to hang out tmrw
at school. i mean tmrws the
last day and i won't be here during
summer to hang out with you.

you
oh, ofc matt! i would love to!!

matt <33
great okay i'll see you tmrw,
beautiful 😘

you
<3333

———————————————————————————

I blush as I read the last message Matt sends me. I close my flip phone and bury my head in my pillows, just blushing. I hear my mom call my name from downstairs telling me that it's time to eat. I sigh and get up from my bed and run downstairs to sit down at the dinner table. Of course, Lilly was drawing in her coloring book the entire time.

"Do you ever put that coloring book down?" I scoff a little as I continued to walk Lilly draw.

"Get out of my face," Lilly demanded. I smile slightly in shock and lean back into my chair.

My mom brings the plate of food at the dinner table, placing it at the center. She then takes her seat and places some of the food on her plate. After her, I grab my serving of the food, and begin to eat. It was pretty quiet until my mom starts making small talk with me.

"So are you excited for the summer?" she asks with food in her mouth.

I look down on my plate, playing with my food. I shove a big spoonful of food in my mouth before talking. "Umm, i guess so. I'll miss my friends though." I say.

"Why do you seem so sad? You'll see them next year," she giggles.

"That's true, but we're not here for summer and I wanted to hang out with them, you know?" I explain. My mom placed her fork down on her plate and thinks about what I just said.

"Huh. That is true," she nods. She then grabs her fork and begins to start eating again. I finish my food and grab my plate to put it in the sink.

"Mom I'm going upstairs, now!" I yell as I'm about to run up the stairs. She tells me I can go, so I run straight to my room.  I didn't have any homework to do because it was the end of the school year so I grabbed some pajamas and headed to the bathroom to shower.

I took off my clothes and hoped in the shower

I took off my clothes and hoped in the shower. After my shower, I changed, washed my face, and got ready for bed. I walked out of the restroom still drying my hair with a towel and sat on my bed. I decided to invite sam over for a sleepover since I really had nothing to do. I rush downstairs to ask my mom and she agreed so I quickly ran back to my room to call her.

"Sam!" I yell as she picks up the phone.

"What? You're scaring me!" she nervously says.

"Relax. I just wanted to know if you wanted to sleep over tonight," i laugh. "It's not like we have any homework to do, right?"

"Oh my gosh, i'd love too! It's been so long since our last sleepover. I'll go ask my mom." I hear sam rush to go ask her mom. "Okay, she said yes!! I'll see you soon," she squealed. She quickly hangs up and I grin out of excitement. We haven't had a sleepover in a while due to all the testing recently. I clean up my room a little to make sure that it looks decent.

But after cleaning, I became bored waiting for sam to arrive so I text Matt for a while. Then I hear the doorbell ring and I dash to the door. I opened the door to see Sam holding her stuff with a big smile on her face. I hold the door for her and close it as she walks to my room. I help sam settle in all her stuff before relaxing. After putting all of Sam's stuff away, we wanted to paint our nails so I looked through all my drawers and found a couple of different colors of nail polish. Sam sticks out her hand and I choose a nail color for her. I begin to paint her nails as we talk.

"Dude Sam, I forgot to tell you!" I say as I tap her shoulder to get her full attention. I wanted to tell her about Matt but I never really got the chance to yet, so it was a perfect time to tell her now.

"Yeah?" she asks looking up at me.

"Okay so you know Matt Bauer right? Well, I've been talking to him recently and he asked me to hang out during school tomorrow," I squeal.

"Oh my god!" she yells. She interlocks her fingers with mine and we both jump up and down screaming. Matt was really popular in school. Not to mention, very hot.

"Wait you're gonna ruin your nails," I say and stop jumping. "Sorry you're right," she giggles. We sit back down and continue to paint each other's nails.

"I'm literally so jealous of you," Sam sighs. I laugh as I tell sam more about what's been happening between matt and I.

The rest of the sleepover was a blur. We watched scary movies, did karaoke, all that stuff. As midnight hit, I began to feel tired and just decided to go to sleep. Sam was right next to me in my bed, still watching tv.

"Night, Sam," I whispered, cuddling with her. (in a friendly way 😝)

"Night, Y/N," she responds.

The tv continued to play as I fell asleep. But Sam ended up falling asleep not too long after I did. I had a little trouble falling asleep due to the fact that I was gonna hang out with Matt tomorrow. I'm scared that I'm gonna mess things up. But it's the same thing as texting him, right?

———————————————————————————
A/N
so cuteness