CHAPTER 14

Well, here I was...

Sprawled across Skye's bed as she laid on the floor, stomach flat and legs swaying up in the air as she was on FaceTime with Ryan.

I didn't mind though, Skye and I could always mind our own business doing whatnot and still call it hanging out.

It was the quality time we both enjoyed in the friendship.

Suddenly my phone buzzed making my heart skip a beat when I saw Sammy's name light up on my Lock Screen.

It's been quite a while since we messaged and for a minute, I thought he was done messaging me and I debated if should even continue this little thing I was doing.

Sammy: sorry it's been a while! I broke my hand and it's been kinda hard to text with one lol but I'm still looking forward continuing that 19 questions game ;)

I chuckled at him mentioning his broken hand before I started to reply. The last thing I remember was him saying he didn't believe in ghosts.

It was literally October! The month of Halloween, and all things spooky. You're telling me the man doesn't believe in anything scary?

Eviee: Wow, for a minute I thought you forgot about me...kidding. I'd love to continue with questions. It still feels like I don't know you much

Sammy: let's change that :)

Eviee: Alright, ask me a question then.

Sammy: if you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

I frown at the question, already knowing the answer to it. This is about to get depressing fast.

Eviee: Well, if we're going down the path of deep conversations, I'd say I would have my brother back.

I hit send with memories of my brother flashing through my mind.

    FLASHBACK

"I just don't get it, all the hype about parties?" I leaned against the bathroom door as my brother was getting ready for yet, another party.

"You don't have to get it, just go and have fun." Luke, my brother, shrugged as he flashed a memorial smile.

I chuckled, "Yeah? Getting drunk as you're surrounded by strangers is fun?"

He purses his lips out as if he were in thought, turning toward me, "Eh, I don't see it like that. I just soak life up like a sponge. Go and do things you normally wouldn't do, sis. In the end, you may regret it but at least you said you did it."

My brother was always a free spirit. Living life to its fullest.

"Huh, I never really thought of it like that." I stared down at the floor as my mind processed what had just said. His laughter filled the bathroom before playfully slapping my arm.

"See you around midnight, sis."

I stumble back as he makes his way through the doorway with his strong scent of cologne following him, "I'm sure I'll be taking care of a drunk Rowan." I remarked, making him roll his eyes.

"Most likely, that's why I'm having someone drive me." He snapped his fingers toward me, making his way down the stairs and to the front door.

And that was the last time I saw my brother.

   END OF FLASHBACK

The short memory of what I had left of my brother soon faded away as a buzz alerted on my phone signaling Sammy's name.