CHAPTER 28

"Sammy, teasing is not nice."

"I know." He moved his face to my own as we made eye contact.

I narrowed my eyes onto him, but couldn't keep from smiling at him as a smirk played onto his lips.

"Why are you so hard to be mad at now?" I sighed, leaning my head back onto the wall as my eyes stayed on his.

He shrugged, bringing his body closer to mine, closing the gap between us, "Because you can't resist me."

"I did for 17 years," I remarked.

"But now," he lowered his lips close to my own, making me flutter my eyes close thinking he was leaning in for a kiss, but all he did was brush his lips against my own, "You can't." He pulled away slowly with mischief dancing in his eyes.

I took a long breath before releasing it, "Whatever, you're smarter than me. Happy?" I cocked my head to the side as I searched for his reaction.

"Happiest I've ever been."

He then grabbed my face, and crashed his lips back onto mine, making my stomach fill with fireworks.

THE NEXT DAY

I barely got any sleep last night, and no, it wasn't because I had slept in Sammy's bed with him. We kept our hands to each other the rest of the night and ended up waking up very peacefully.

It was nice being in a house along with Sammy. I would have thought I was crazy if I knew this a few months back, but now I'm craving it, and his touch.

Which isn't good.

On another note, my Mom had spammed my phone multiple times as I was at school. She and Dad didn't notice I had left last night, thankfully, either I would be walking home to them digging my grave.

Her texts were apologetic from the night before, but all I did was leave her on delivered. I'm glad she's realizing what she did was wrong, but it's hard to take away the sting from the words.

I stared at her messages, realizing I probably should answer.

Mom: Honey can we talk after you're done with school?

Sam: Sure we can.

Three words are all she's getting right now. I may be forgiving, but sometimes it's hard to muster up the courage to forgive.

"Where's Ryan and Sammy? They're taking forever and I want to go home." Skye sighed dramatically as she leaned against the school building.

We currently were waiting outside of school for Ryan and Sammy since Ryan had taken Skye to school today.

"I don't know, they're men. Sometimes they take longer than girls." I waved my hand in the air, and she nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, not wrong about that. Also, they have those attitudes that come along with it."