CHAPTER XXV

CHAPTER XXV

Awaking from a blissful dream, his mates scent surrounded him and he relinquished his former belief of waking. Groaning in joy as her soft fingers explored his bare chest. Yes, definitely I must still be dreaming. They halted over his sternum at the sound, so he stilled and kept his eyes closed. It seemed to be the answer as his mate continued an exploration of his chest. He barely held in the groan at the contrast of her cold fingers against his lips but could no longer believe that he could imagine a dream as vivid as this one. As slow realisation hit him, he warred with himself about what was the right thing to do. Eva said she had needed space and this certainly wasn't space - but it was by her own doing. Oh god the feel of her was positively heavenly. Yes, he thought, let her explore. Let her feel in complete control. Twisting to lie on his back whilst trying to act as if asleep produced a soft gasp. Initially he thought it was from fear from being caught but as the sheet slipped off his thighs he realised that he unintentionally was displaying his hardened erection clad in only his boxers.

"Oh my," she whispered and he waited - forcing himself to breathe slowly as if still asleep - to what would happen next.

Scenarios ran through his head and for all he had previously thought, he didn't think he could act asleep if she touched him there. Just the mere fact that she was pressed against and the feeling of her staring was enough. If she touched him...

His mind wired as her fingers returned to his chest. He listened avidly to her heart rate as her fingers trailed lower. His mind finally caught up and his own hand rapidly intervened and caught hers as it brushed the start of his boxers. He opened his eyes at her rapid intake of breath.

"Morning Angel, how are you this morning?" he asked, bringing her fingers to his lips instead as he sat up. Meeting her shocked and embarrassed gaze, he held her skin against his lips until she blushed and glanced down.

"Hi." She muttered shyly. "Sorry," she added, barely loud enough to hear.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Angel." When that didn't seem to work, he softly gripped her chin and raised it up. "You can touch me anytime, anywhere," he said, arching an eyebrow "you like."

She blushed and tried to hide behind her hair but his grip although gentle kept her looking at him. "But I'm not sure you're ready for that yet and I don't want to rush you this time. There is no rush. I'm not going anywhere," he said as he peppered her forehead, then her cheeks with light kisses. "I want you to trust me," he said before slowly lowering his lips onto her lips so she could pull away if she wanted. She didn't though and he savoured the feel of her lips - soft and plump. His hands moved to cup her cheeks as she sunk against his chest. Lifting her up so that she sat on his lap, she moaned in frustration when he pulled back. His thumbs carressed her cheeks and he pecked her on the lips once, twice, three times.

She groaned in frustration and he chuckled lightly. "Okay no touching yet," she agreed reluctantly and he sighed in relief and disappointment. "Can I see it?" She asked as she glanced down between their bodies.

"Eva," he groaned. "I don't think that would be wise," he said as his head dropped backwards to stop looking at her. His hands dropped to her hips and he automatically began to massage in little circles. Her hand tried to hide a yawn, and he took in how dark it was still outside. A quick check of his phone confirmed it was early at just after three.

"Why you up this early Angel? You should go back to bed," he said as she slumped down on top of him. He managed to slip a pillow between them just in time as she yawned again, her head against his shoulder.