CHAPTER XXVII

CHAPTER XXVII

"Morning," he whispered as Eva's eyes slowly peeped open. It had been his light kiss to her forehead that had first stirred her and as she became more awake she grinned at just how close he remained.

He'd already been awake for over an hour - too used to waking with the sun - but he'd definitely hadn't had a better sleep in years. Her smile reached her eyes and he was glad she seemingly hadn't regretted last night. Steeling himself for rejection he drew closer and stopped an inch from her lips. Breathing in her scent he sought permission, taking nothing for granted. "May I?"

She licked her suddenly dry lips and nodded when she couldn't get any words out. Soft lips met hers and gently parted them. It seemed to last an age before his tongue entwined with hers as he clutched the back of her head. Twisting she yelped as she fell off the sofa and onto Nate who grunted but then pulled her closer. It was far more than the simple kiss he was intending and so with reluctance he withdrew and left her slightly breathless.

"Good morning," she said and he just smiled in reply knowing that unfortunately they couldn't stay this close all day. Movement upstairs caught his attention and Eva noticed when his eyes flickered up towards the ceiling.

"Dylan's waking up," he said and a look of awe crossed Eva's face.

Shaking her head, she flung the sheet off and stretched out her body. "Gosh that's more uncomfortable than I thought it would be." When she turned back around she could have sworn his eyes were shifted but he managed to get back into control rapidly. Still sitting on the floor, she lent a hand out to him. Snapping out of the haze that her exposed sunlit skn produced, he took the hand proffered and rose to his feet. Stepping closer, she was forced to look up at him to maintain eye contact. His arms wrapped around her lower back and seemingly automatically her legs wrapped his hips. Hands shifting lower so she wasn't holding herself up, he loved the trusting but slightly embarrassed expression that came over her face.

"Sorry, I didn't ask-" She started as she rested her hands on his shoulders.

"No need angel, no need..." He trailed off as she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. He savoured the advance and let her lead as her fingers devled into his hair, lightly tugging it this way and that. It was as her thighs clenched tighter against him and her nails scratched at the nape of his neck that he broke away - him the one panting this time. Eyes bright and cheeks tinged with a happy glow, he couldn't help but just gaze at his mate in his arms. She was glorious. He wanted to stay like that forever but knew they couldn't. Squeezing her higher, he kissed her mouth once and pulled away quickly just as she was leaning in more.

"Can I use your shower please? I need...I need a cold shower," he uttered as she wrapped her forearms around his neck - and hence pressed her breasts closer too.

As his words and the reasoning behind it sunk in, she blushed and remembered their previous showering encounter.

"Alone angel," he urged as he felt her legs squeeze tighter. The smile dropped somewhat after his hasty words and his mind spun with ways to make it up to her. "Please may I carry you upstairs?" He asked, praying that she would agree to his selfish request.

"I'm too heavy-" She began shaking her head embarrassed as she loosened her legs as if to step down. He wasn't letting her go that easily though.

"No you are not. Heck if you would let me, I'd have you attached to me twenty-four seven..." he said earnestly. "Sorry. Too much?" He added as her ears turned pink. "Please, just upstairs?" He was pushing his luck but he really hated the thought of releasing her.

"It would make you happy?" She eventually asked and the look in his eyes as they snapped up to hers in disbelief was all the answer she needed.

"Very."

"Alright," she said and wrapped her arms tighter, secretly loving the embrace just as much.

Keeping an ear out for Dylan, he savoured each step to store it up until the next embrace. Eventually though he reached the top and Eva drew backwards. Hands resting against his neck loosely, he loved how she trusted him to keep her upright even if it meant she wasn't as close.

"Take my ensuite. Dylan might need to use the main one," she explained and he understood that unfortunately the time was up.

Resignedly he returned her to her feet, giving his engorged member a wide berth. When she raised an eyebrow at him, he sheepishly apologised and scratched at the back of his neck. He wasn't embarrassed per se, but he could only imagine what she must think of him in his seemingly perpetual horny state. She surprised him though and she was suddenly pulling him down for a quick peck. She had pulled away before he could continue it further and laughed at his expression at her whispered words. "Think of me."

"Always," he said as she slipped into Dylan's bedroom with a smile. Turning robotically he marched himself towards the cold water as he listened to excited morning greetings. Sorting himself out provided much needed relief but he knew it would be short lived.