CHAPTER XXXV

CHAPTER XXXV

He was busy playing inside the fort they had made when he heard a sudden thud and scream. Hair on end, he barely ordered for Dylan to stay when he was launching himself upstairs and bursting through the bathroom door.

A massive sigh of relief left him as she laughed and didn't appear hurt. She was slumped in a heap just outside of the bath and it didn't take a genius that she had slipped getting out. Making his way towards his mate, his heart calming down slowly, he hovered over her in case.

"Can you grab me a towel please?" She said as she pushed herself into a seated position using her arms.

Doing as she asked he brought it to her and then tucked it around. Scooping her up into his arms, he carried - despite her protests of getting him wet - into the bedroom. Seating her on the ottoman at the end of the bed she swayed for a second but managed to stay upright.

She glanced behind her and asked "what happened to the bedding?" She looked up at him confused.

He chuckled lightly and said, "it needed a wash."

She flushed looking down and became acutely aware of how exposed she was.

He must have realised as he backed away and headed to the wardrobe, sliding the door to the side.

"What shall it be?" He asked as fingered the clothing, anything to avoid looking at his near naked mate.

"Ummmm..." she muttered as she hurriedly dried herself without him staring at her like he wanted to eat her. Glancing up at the open section, she spotted a blue polka dress that was comfy. "Blue polka dot," she said and was pleased when he plucked it out successfully. She smiled as his shoulders tensed before he turned slowly back around. Seeing she was fully covered, he approached more calmly draping it in her arms. Having done so though, he paused as he realised she would need underwear too. He held in the groan at the thought but she'd already thrown the dress over her head. The bodice was elastic and hugged her breasts tightly.

"Please put some pants on," he groaned, "for my sanity."

"Top drawer," she said pointing at her bedside drawers. She cringed as he peeked inside only to grab the first pair and then shut it as if had burned him.

He practically threw them at her and then turned around. She rolled her eyes and grimaced as she picked up the most granny-esque panties she owned. Bending over she somehow shimmed them up her legs and into place - out of breath from the process. Smoothing the dress back into place she then questioned what was next. She opened her mouth and then closed it again. She blushed as she struggled to express the request to carry her downstairs, even after this morning.

"Nate..." she started and he turned his head and then his body when he saw she was covered.

Her mouth went dry though as she registered his now partially seethrew shirt that was vividly showing off his toned physique. Following her eyes down, he pulled the shirt free and it sat looser against him. When she still didn't speak, he raised an eyebrow.

"Um, can you carry me downstairs please. My legs are still not obeying me," she asked embarrassed and his eyes softened.

Swiftly he scooped her up into his arms gently cradling her to his chest.

"I'm sorry Eva. I should have been more carefull with you. Next time...that is if you ever..." he seemed to choke on his words and before he could get carried away she pulled his lips down onto hers.

"Next time I think I might do some stretches because you are definitely doing that again," she muttered against his lips. "Or we just need more practice to improve my stamina," she said flirtily as she twisted her hand into his hair and pulled herself closer.