38. A contract signed with blood

Shaveer could feel the difference in her touch at that time. Her breathing and her body language were very different than before.

He ignored it and was going to kiss her properly when she spoke.

"Italian King, I love you."

He stopped immediately and was staring at her without any expressions. There was nothing on his face. Not shocked, surprised, or angry.

Siara was not expecting him to say I love you too in return. She didn't even think of it. Her heart was as clear as water. She just couldn't hold her feelings, so she confessed them.

But she was hoping for some reaction from him. Any kind of reaction.

He removed his hand from her hair. Understanding his genture,  siara stood up from his lap.

He stood up while dusting off his clothes and turning off the gas stove.

"I need to prepare tea again...shanti...mom n ye chai dekhi to is ghar m tumhara aakhiri din hoga aaj."

(If mom see this chai prepared by you, than she will throw you out of this house today )

He quickly poured some more milk into the pan. She was looking at him wide-eyed.

"I said I love you," she said a little louder. She has doubts that he didn't hear her clearly.

He didn't reply and took out a jar of biscuits and put it in a tray properly, like he needed to send it for the master chef audition.

She came a little close to him.

"I love you, shaveer," she said one more time.

He shook his head while taking a deep sigh and bringing his attention back to tea.

"Hey, are you deaf? I said I love you," she shouted in anger.

He turned off the gas and took a deep breath.

"Earlier, you said you liked me, but some days before, you just said you didn't like me. Just don't say anything. Your likes and dislikes keep changing every day. Tumhari past history mere saath kuch zyada khaas rahi nahi," he said without any interest.

(Your past history isn't good with me )

"But this time I am serious. I really, really love you," she said while swearing on her head.

"How much?" He asked curiously.

She was thinking seriously but couldn't find a proper answer.

"It's my first time loving someone. I don't know how to measure it." She pouted, "It's a tricky question. Ask me something  else, she suggested excitedly.

He thought for a second, looking at her excitement, and asked

"Okay, tell me, what do you love about me?"

She thought for a few seconds. She doesn't know what she likes most about him. She never thought of this question. She liked him as he was. She liked being close to him .

She scratched her head and replied cutely while playing with her fingers.

"Love doesn't need any reason. If you love someone for a reason, then it is not love."

He stared at her for the whole minute and burst out laughing upon hearing this.

"Hahahaha....butterfly...yaha aane se pehle koi movie dekhi thi kya..or dekhi thi to bahut hi bakwas movie thi..love doesnt need any reason..bullshit it is."

(Which rubbish movie you had watched before coming here?)

She was looking at him open-mouthed, and he kept laughing at her.