Intro- ch. 1

"Cumpleaños feliz, cumpleaños feliz" everyone sings along as I sit at the center of the dinner table. I've never felt so loved before, and it feels incredible. My eyes begin to water as I smile and blow out the candles. Everyone claps, as my brothers walk over and hug me.
"I love you all. Thank you for being the best brothers I could have ever asked for" I smile as I hold them all tight.
"Te queremos mucho Mia" my now parents walk over with tears in my eyes.
"I'm so grateful for you both and for bringing me into this family. I love you both mama and papa" I kiss them both on their cheek. We suddenly feel tiny hands appear from under the table. I smile as Luca pops up from under the table.
"I love you too, amor" i kiss his cheek.
"Feliz cumpleaños mami!" He cheers.
Time freezes as I reminisce on everything that happened to get is here.

miasofia22,846 likes felices 21 para mi 🤍gianlucasimeone: te queremos hermanita 🫶🏼Diegosimeone: 🩷🩷giulianosimeone: you're so old now lol 🫶🏼🫶🏼

miasofia2
2,846 likes
felices 21 para mi 🤍
gianlucasimeone: te queremos hermanita 🫶🏼
Diegosimeone: 🩷🩷
giulianosimeone: you're so old now lol 🫶🏼🫶🏼

3 years ago.
"Get off of me! And get out!" I yell in his face.
"NEVER think of yelling at me again. I'll touch you when I want to" he smirks as he slides off of me. He leaves a sloppy kiss on my lips one last time before walking toward the bathroom.

I cry as I lay in bed, naked. Once again I feel disgusted with myself and my body.
"Policía! Open up!" I hear banging on the door. I panic and run over to the bathroom. I lock the door and hide in the bathtub. I cover myself with the towel nearby.
Please catch him, please. I pray.

I hear gunshots and yelling, and then silence.
"Policía! Anyone in here?!" Someone yells, I hear the footsteps approaching the door. They move the door knob.
"Hello? It's safe to come out now, I promise" the man says. I quietly get up and open the door.

A police man stands at the door, he smiles as he sees me. I run into his arms and hug him, feeling a sense of protection.
"You're safe with us. We got him, don't worry" he reassured me.
"Let's get you checked out" he puts his arm around me, and makes sure the towel is secured around me. We walk downstairs and outside. There are multiple police cars around.

"Mia! You're okay! I'm so glad" Mrs. Simeone, my next door neighbor says with tears in her eyes. She runs over to me as they sit me on the ambulance.
I can't speak, only tears fall down my face. She hugs me.
"I'm going to take this off just to check for injures, okay?" The medic says. I nod slowly as he begins to take the towel off. They have the ambulance surrounded and covered.
The towel comes off, revealing bruises and scratches all over my body. I see Mrs Simeone's eyes widen. The medic sighs and begins to clean up the bloody wounds.

"I don't see anything broken, but she should check up with us in a week just to make sure" the medic tells Mrs simeone. She nods and thanks the medic.

"Mia, I'm so sorry. How could he do this to you?" She grabs my hand.
"Where is he?" I say.
"Don't worry about that. He's gone and you're safe" she says calmly.