Ch 18

It was early next morning and Luca and I had to go back to the apartment to finish packing. We were leaving tonight to go back to Madrid for our vacation. I didn't want to wake Pedro so I left him a note and slipped out of bed.

I quickly slipped my clothes back on and smiled as he slept so peacefully on the bed.

Last night was incredible. I know it was wrong and it can't happen again, or shouldn't. I don't want to continue this relationship that I don't know how to explain. I shut the door and walked down the hall to find Luca.

I lift Luca into my arms and grab our things before heading out the door. The sun is just rising, and we take a taxi over to our apartment. Luckily no one is outside. I set Luca down on the sofa so he can wake up slowly, while I begin to pack.

As I sit there in silence I can't help but think of last night. I can't stop thinking about it. Everything about it was perfect and I begin to imagine a world where that could be normal. I really like Pedro, he's cute and he can be funny and sweet and kind. But he has his bad side too, but then again we all do...

____

Luca and I had breakfast after we finished packing. We were going to meet Pablo for lunch and then stay at his house since he was joining us on our trip. I got Luca in the bath and dressed him, and then showered and dressed myself. I helped Luca with some homework he had and we relaxed in the living room for a bit.

____

Finally it was time to head over to Pablo's. We grabbed our bags and took an Uber. We first had to stop by Pedro's house because Luca forgot his cleats after school and he really wanted to bring them along. I told him I would buy him new ones but he didn't want to leave without them. I texted Pedro but no response, so we decided to head over anyway. Luckily the Uber was nice and agreed to wait for us, since it would be quick.

When we arrived, I knocked a few times but had no answer. I know he was still home because his car was outside. I tried one more time but this time a girl answered. She was clearly undressed and had on a silk robe. She had marks all along her neck and on her chest. I knew immediately what was happening.

"Ugh who is it?" She said while opening the door. She rolled her eyes and looked at me.
"Flaca! Who is it?" I recognized Pedro's voice.

My heart began to feel a burn. I felt angry, upset, sad. I  didn't know how to respond. Suddenly Pedro appeared behind her, his hair messy and his smile disappeared.
"Mia-"
"I just came for Luca's cleats" I say trying to hold my composure. I feel my eyes water, but I try to hold back my tears. I push past them, I know it's rude but I can't stand here any longer.

Pedro looks back to reach out for me but I push him away. I walked to Fernando's room and grabbed his cleats, by now my tears were already falling down my cheek. I was hurt, he made me feel so special just hours ago, and now he was with someone else. Anna was right.

"Mia- please. Don't go" Pedro said with sadness in his eyes. I shook my head. I didn't respond, I know he had seen my tears and now I was embarrassed. I pushed passed him and left, without saying a word.

I got back into the Uber and he drove off. I gave him Pablo's address and we would arrive soon.
"Everything okay señorita?" The Uber driver asked as he looked at me through the mirror. I could tell he was genuine. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

Before arriving I wiped my tears away. We got off with our bags and walked up to the door. I tipped the driver and he drove off. Luca rang the doorbell and we waited.
"Buenas!" Pablo said with the biggest smile as he saw us. Luca ran into his arms and I stood there. Pablo kisses his forehead and then looked at me. His facial expression changed as he noticed me, he simply pulled me into a hug and let us inside.