ch.5

The next morning, I wake up for a long day. I had to begin getting things ready for the apartment. I didn't even know where to begin. I wasn't from here,  I didn't know where stores were or how to get furniture to the apartment.

I get dressed for the day, and make myself a quick breakfast with the few things I had at the hotel. Before heading out, I want to check in with my father.

Papa 🩵

buenos días papá, how's everything?

buen día hija. All good here. You?

Good. I was able to get an apartment I'm just having to figure out furniture and all those things, I don't know where to begin. :/

I'm so happy for you hija. Yes I know it can be stressful. Isn't there anyone who can help?

I don't want to ask pedri or his brother, I feel like it's inappropriate.

Ohh maybe your brother might know someone who could help? Let me ask him for you.

Gracias papá. And how's Luca?

He's great. Such a sweet boy he misses you so much but he's having fun with the team.

I'm glad, give him a kiss for me. Los quiero.

I put my phone down and finish my breakfast.

Moments later, Giuliano calls me to tell me about his friend. He also plays futbol and plays on Barcelona. They met in the U-18 national team, and stayed friends. His friend agreed to help me, turns out we had met years ago I just don't remember him. I told my brother to let him know which hotel I would be at. He sends me a message in a group with the other person so we have each others number.

I wait until he texts me that he's here, I head downstairs to the lobby. A car waits for me outside, a boy around my age looks down at his phone. He's a bit pale, not too much taller than I and has short hair that he has combed to the side.

"Pablo?" I call out. He looks up with a kind smile, and nods.
"Mia?" He asks. I nod and walk out to him. We shake hands, and then he gives me two kisses on each cheek.
"It's nice to meet you. Thank you for coming to help me. I know it's weird since we don't know each other that well" I say.
"It's no problem. Giu is an old friend, I'll do anything for him. You're in good hands" He smiles.

He walks around to the passenger side and opens the door for me, I get inside and he then gets into the driver seat.

"So, we should probably head to the large furniture store first. I assume you have nothing" He looks over at me. I nod.

He drives off toward the city until we arrive at a large furniture outlet. We walk inside, and they have displays of different rooms around. It's a huge store and I don't know where to begin. We walk around and get to know each other more. Pablo Torre is his name, he hasn't been at Barcelona for too long. He's not known too well since he doesn't usually start matches. He's funny and kind, and we get along really well.

We arrive to a display that I really like. The price isn't too bad, and for now it will be fine. It comes with a full mattress, a dresser, and a small desk. We ask an employee to help us select the color, and they set us up for delivery. We do the same with the living room set.

As we continue walking around, we arrive at the children section. They have a beautiful set that I know Luca would love. A small toddler bed, with toys and decorations with animals and dinosaurs.

"Luca will love this" I say under my breath.
"Is Luca your son?" Pablo turns to me and smiles.
"How- um yes"
"Sorry, Giu is always talking about him when we see each other. I can tell he's loved. But don't worry I know not to tell anyone"
"Gracias" I smile.
"So, what does he like?"
"Futbol, typical of course. Motorcycles, dinosaurs, but mostly motorcycles. My father used to have one, and we have photos throughout the house. I can't wait to show him how to ride a bike" I smile, as I imagine Luca and my father.