Ch28

Today was finally match day. We met Pablo's parents last night and they were so kind, just like Pablo. They got to know us well and we all hung out and had a good time. They were very kind and accepting of Luca, which made me happy. I could see how proud they were of Pablo and everything he was doing at Barcelona.

So today as Pablo headed off early, we stayed back with his parents. We got ready, and packed our things and headed out to catch an Uber.

miasofia2 posted on their story: handsome boy🫶🏼

We arrive at the stadium finally, and are surrounded my fans. The crowd is amazing, and it gets us more excited. We head in and check in at the front entrance. We're a bit early, but it's fine because I had to meet with Pedro. We walk over to our seats which are near the rest of the players families.
"Okay Luca, remember to be good with Mr and Mrs Torre. Listen to them please. I'll be back very soon" I explain to Luca as I sit him in my seat.
"Okay mami. I will" he smiles.
"Good. Te quiero" I smile back and kiss his cheek.
"Thank you for watching him" I say to them again.
"Oh please, it's no problem at all. He's an angel" Mrs torre says. I thank them again still and then walk away.

I walk over to the locker room, and knock before entering. The players were just beginning to arrive so no one was changing yet. I walk over toward Pedro who greets me with a smile.

"Hey"
"Hey Pedro. Ready?"
"More than ready" he smirks.
"Good I'm glad. I brought you some extra things that I saw you were missing from your tote the other day" I say as I hand him a bag.
"Oh good. I was worried" he smiles.

He sits down and he begins to slip his shirt off.
"Oh okay, I should go-"
"Why? Nothing you haven't already seen" he laughs. I smack him as I look around to make sure no one heard.
"Sorry, bad joke?"
"Yes" I reply.

I wave at Pablo who's across the room and smiles.
"I hope you enjoy the match though. I'm glad you came and glad Luca came" he says.
"Me too. Thanks for giving us the tickets, I know your parents usually use them"
"Yeah. Well they couldn't come and Fernando is in Miami so I'm glad you could use them"
"Yeah I'm sorry they couldn't come"
"Not your fault" he smiles

"Alright alright let's get going to warm up" Xavi calls out.
"I should go. Good luck and I'll see you after?"
"Gracias pezecita. Of course" he smiles.

I walk over quickly to Pablo and give him a quick hug.
"Suerte Pablo" I whisper.
"Gracias Mia. I'll see you after" he smiles.

I rush out before I get yelled at and walk back over to find my seat.
"Mami! You're back!" Luca yells out, causing me to laugh.
"Yes I am"

We sit back and wait as we watch the teams begin to warm up. It should be a good match and we're looking forward to it.

____

The match begins and we cheer along with the crowd. Luca stands up and claps and yells, he's beyond excited. He hadn't seen the boys in a while and he was so happy to see them on the field. I was excited too, hoping they won.

____

Halfway through the match Luca had to go potty so I took him over to the bathrooms and to buy a snack. Suddenly I heard almost silence through the crowd which was weird.
"Luca, let's go see what happened" I explain as I rush back over to our seats.
"Mia, it's Pedro" Mrs torre says as she points over. My heart drops, what happened?

I look onto the field and see Pedro on the ground in pain. He holds his leg in pain, and the medics rush over toward him.

Please be okay. Please be okay.

I see Pedro shake his head and the medics stop. They stand up and try and help him up. Then Ronald Araujo rushes over and helps them carry him off. The crowd cheers in support but we're all worried. It didn't look good.

"Mia you should go. See if he needs anything" Mrs torre says. I nod. I leave them with Luca again, and run back down.

First I check the locker room and can't seem to find them. Eventually I follow the sounds of screaming and grunts in pain. I look down the hall and see a room. I look in and Pedro is on a bed as the medics try and rub lightly on his leg, he screams in pain and shakes his head.
"Pedro! Pedro what happened? What's going on?" I rush in. The medics stop and turn toward me.
"It looks like he's suffering a hamstring injury. Unfortunately we can't know at this moment exactly what it is. But he's going to have to walk with crutches starting now. The pain looks too unbearable" the medic explains. I sigh.
"Well go get them ready along with a medication" they say as they leave the room.

"Pedro" I call out. He has his face covered with a towel and his arm. I walk closer and slowly slide it off. His eyes are puffy red and he's clearly been crying.
"Pedro.." I sigh.
"I'm fucked up mia! It's over. I'm out for weeks I already know it" he cries out. I take my hand and run his shoulder.
"I can't imagine the feeling Pedro. But you need to try and push through. I know you can" I reply. He continues to cry and I wipe his tears off.

The medics enter again with the crutches and a few other things. They wrap his thigh in the meantime and give him a pill for the pain.
"He'll need to come first thing tomorrow morning to the training center to get tests done" they say.
"I'll be sure of it. Thank you" I say.

They walk away leaving us again.
"I need to call my parents I can't go home like this"
"I'll help you"
"But you have-"
"That's what I'm hear for. It'll be okay"
"Gracias pezecita" he sighs. I smile and help him up.

He slowly grabs into the crutches and we practice walking. I'll be honest, it's upsetting seeing him like this. I'm going to have to go home with him, I can't leave him like this. Not alone. Maybe until his parents come or Fernando.

I help him slowly get back to the locker room.
"Where's Luca?" He asks as he limps over to his seat.
"With Pablo's parents. He's fine"
"Look, you don't have to help me. It's normally your day off. Enjoy the match, enjoy the time with them"
"Pedro I'm not going to leave you alone. Not until we have a plan" I explain. He gives in and nods.

I help him slide a hoodie on top, and he stays in his shorts. He was insistent on finishing the match, so he watches in the back from on the tv.

Now the thing will be what I'm supposed to do. Really go home with him tonight or let him to figure it out.