Ch30

"Here, let me help you" I say as I walk closer toward him.
"Are you sure? I mean you don't have to, I know it's-"
"It's fine. Nothing I haven't already seen right?" I joke. He smiles back and shrugs.

I help him slide off his pants carefully. I watch him wince at the pain.

"Can you just help me into the shower, I'll take my boxers off in there" he explains.
"Sure"

I pull him up slowly once again, and he leans onto my side. He hops as we get him into the shower.
"I'll wait here if you need me" I say. He smiles before closing the curtain.

It takes him awhile to shower, I assume also because of how careful he has to be.

____

When he's done, I pass him his towel and he wraps it around his waist before opening the curtain. His chest is drenched in water as his hair drips.

I help him out and walk him over to his room. His wet body drips onto mine, wetting my shirt. But he smells much better.

I help him to his bed and he sits at the edge. I grab the lotion on his counter and pass it to him. He rubs it on while I look for something to wrap his leg with. I find a wrap in the closet and walk back over as he finishes.

"Here, lay down" I say and help get his pillows set up. He scoots over and lays back. I wrap his thigh with the wrap just to be extra safe. I then grab the blankets and over him up.

"You didn't have to do all that" he smiles.
"I told you, I'm here to help" I smile back.
"Oh, look I got your shirt wet" he laughs.
"It'll dry" I shrug.
"No, you should grab something dry. You can grab one of my hoodies for now"
"No it's okay, really I-"
"Come on"
"Fine" I say.

I walk over and grab the first one I see.
I turn his bathroom light off and clean up everything.
"All good?" I ask before getting ready to walk out.
He nods, "gracias pezecita"
"Buenas noches Pedro" I reply and turn the light off before shutting the door.

I walk over to the guest room and change out of my wet shirt and slip on the hoodie. It smells just like Pedro. I smile at the thought. I turn the night light off and cover myself as I lay beside Luca.

____

the next morning.
"Shit, shit, shit" I'm woken to a loud voice. I get up quickly and walk out to the hall.
"Pedro?" I call out.
"Sorry, I'm over here" he yells back and it sounds from the kitchen. I rush over and see him on the floor holding his thigh.

I look around and see clearly he was struggling to make his way over here. The coffee machine is on but his mug is spilled. There's coffee all over the counter.
"What were you doing? You should have woken me up" I say frustrated. I help him up from the ground and walk him over to the island stool. He uses his arms to lift himself onto the chair.

I grab a towel and begin to clean up the mess of coffee.
"I didn't want to bother you, you looked so peaceful" he replies eventually.
"It's okay, just please get me next time. I don't want you to hurt yourself any more" I sigh. He nods as I finish cleaning up.

I make him another mug of coffee and serve it to him. I then make myself one and sit beside him.
"So what time can we take you in to the medic?" I ask
"They should be ready for my by 9:00"
"Oh okay good. We have about 2 hours then to get ready"
"And what about Luca? Is he coming along?"
"No, he has school, and it'll be a bit hard to keep an eye on you both" I laugh.
Pedro smiles.
"So we'll drop him off before?"
"Pablo will pick him up and take him, he texted me last night" I reply.

We finish up our coffee and I then go to wake Luca up. I bring him back to the kitchen where Pedro is.

"Buenos días Pedro" Luca smiles big.
"Buenos días Luca, how'd you sleep?"
"Good" he replies.
"I'm glad. I had the ladies make you some delicious chocolate pancakes before you head out" Pedro says. I smile as I look over at him and he winks.
"Yay! Gracias Pedro" Luca cheers.
"You didn't have to" I whisper to Pedro.
"But I want to" he replied with a smirk.
"Okay Luca. You wait here with Pedro, and make sure he doesn't move. I'm going to clean up the room, okay?"
"Okay mami"

I walk away and leave them in the kitchen. I'm glad Pedro was so understanding about bringing Luca, it made me relieved.

I fold out blankets and clean up the room we slept in. I then walk over to Pedro's room and make his bed as well. I open the curtains to let some natural light in, and walk back out.

The boys had been served their pancakes and were eating as I approach the hallway. I pause and stop to listen to their conversation.

"These are really good, gracias Pedro" Luca says to him.
"I'm glad you like them. Have you tried them before?"
"Only one time at my abuelitos house"
"Oh. That's nice. Do you miss him?"
"Yeah, all the time. I miss him and my abuelita and my tíos" he sighs.
"I'm sorry you had to move away from them. I know it can be hard, my parents live far away too"
"Yeah. But we can always visit them. And they can visit us, right?"
"That's right"
"Maybe one day you can meet my abuelo. He will want you on his team, he is the coach on-"

I rush out before Luca says anything else.
"Hey guys, everything okay?" I smile nervously.
"Yeah, all good mami. Pedro didn't move" Luca says confidently.
"Good. Thank you for watching him" I smile.
"You're welcome"
"You're welcome" they both say together causing us all to laugh.
"Wait, who were you talking to?" Pedro smiles.
"It doesn't matter" I smile back.

The boys finish eating and I eat Lucas leftovers. By this time the doorbell rang and I walked over assuming it was Pablo. I double check and then open the door.

"Thanks for coming Pablo. I can't thank you enough" I say as I pull him in for a hug.
"I told you, I'll always be here for you" he smiles.

He walks inside and greets Pedro, they catch up about the match and his injury. They're not the best of friends but they get along.

"Okay Luca, time to get you to school" Pablo says.
"Okay. Adios mami. Adiós Pedro" Luca says as he walks over to Pablo.
"Hey, go say thank you to Pedro for your gift" I say in a serious tone.

Luca runs over and gives Pedro a hug.
"Gracias Pedro"
"You're welcome Luca. Have fun" he smiles looking surprised.

Pablo grabs Luca and they walk out as we wave.

"You didn't have to tell him to do that" Pedro says.
"I do. He needs to learn to thank people" I reply.

I clean up their dishes and the kitchen before helping Pedro back to his room.

I help him get dressed and then dress myself with some clothes that Pablo had brought me from his apartment. I grab anything we may need and we head out toward the training and medical center.