Ch 8

As soon as I get inside the apartment, I set my things down. It was a long day, but could've been worse. Pablo and Luca should be home soon, I missed Luca all day. I use the bathroom, and when I walk out the doorbell rings. I run over and make sure it's them before opening the door.

"Mami!" Luca cheers and jumps into my arms.
"Príncipe I missed you so much" I kiss his cheek multiple times causing him to laugh. I lift him up and move to the side so Pablo can enter.

"Gracias Pablo. I hope he was good" I smile and pull Pablo into a hug, he nods.
"He was perfect" he smiled back.
"So should we head into town for dinner? I know a great place" Pablo says.
"Sure sounds good with me"

I grab my purse, and keep Luca in my arms as we walk down to Pablo's car. We get in, and he drives into the city. Luca can't stop talking about his day with Pablo, I'm really glad he got along well with him. Eventually we arrive at the restaurant, and walk right inside. We choose a booth in the back, away from most people. Luca sits beside me, with Pablo across.

The waitress brings us our menus and asks for our drink orders before heading off.
"So how was your first official day?" Pablo takes a sip of his water.
"It was good. Still getting used to Pedro and his personality"
"Hmm, I'm sure he'll warm up soon. Who wouldn't like you?" He winks.
"Ah very true I am likeable" we both laugh.
"But tomorrow will be a long day, with the match and all" I say. He nods.
"Good thing I have off, so I can watch him until we figure his daycare out" Pablo says
"I know and I'm sorry again for-"
"Don't apologize, that's what friends are for" he puts his hand on mine and smiles.
"Gracias, Im so lucky. We're so lucky right Luca?" I poke his cheek.
Luca nods, "Pablo is my best friend" he says confidently.

Our food comes out eventually and we catch up on the day. It took Luca awhile to get used to Pablo but it seems like things went great. After tomorrow I plan to go to the daycare in town to register Luca so hopefully it'll be easier with childcare, that way he can be with kids his age and make friends.

After dinner we drive back home.
"You don't need to get off. I'll be fine. Gracias Pablo" I lean over and kiss his cheek.
"Anytime. I'll see you tomorrow, Buenas noches" he hugs me back.

I grab Luca and walk quickly inside. People out on the street look around, so I do my best to hurry. I get inside and lock the door and put him down.

"Okay principe, time for bed" I say. He nods, I can tell he's tired.

We walk to the bathroom and get him in the bath. He helps me pick his pjs, and we brush his teeth. We walk into his bedroom and I lay in bed with him. We read a quick bedtime story, today was a quick Spider-Man book. He falls asleep in minutes, so I walk out quietly.
"Buenas noches amor" i kiss his forehead and close the door.

I clean up a few things around the house before heading to my room. I take a quick shower and get into bed, i turn the tv on and lay in bed.

Pablo T

i can't believe you're really staying in that apartment, I don't feel comfortable, the neighborhood isn't the best :/

we'll be okay Pablo, it's just until I save more money :)

you can stay with me, or can borrow some money

I don't want to take advantage of anyone. I promise we're okay and soon I'll move to a better place for Luca and I :)

fine :( but the offer is always here

gracias Pablo. Nos vemos. Buenas noches

buenas noches

I call my parents to catch up, my mother had left home again. I'm still getting used to that. My father like always was busy, so we didn't talk much. The only one who I kept most in touch with was Gio, but we've always been the closest. I set my phone to charge and fall asleep.

____

The next morning, I make sure to wake up early. I choose a comfortable outfit. It's a bit cloudy out, so I prepare to be out in the cold. The match begins at 5:00, but there's a lot of preparing to do ahead of the match. It's around 7:30am, i pack a bag with Luca's things and make myself a coffee.

miasofia2 posted on their story: 💙

I walk to his room to wake him. He's a bit grumpy today, so I try to be patient. We change his outfit and get him ready. I grab our things and we walk out. It's cold out, and I hold on tight to Luca's hand. We had to catch the bus at the corner which would drop us off near Pablo's house. We sped walk so we wouldn't miss it.
"Mami I'm so tired" Luca whined.
"Vamos amor, we have to hurry. Sorry principe" I sigh, I lift him into my arms. He leans on my shoulder and I walk faster.

I make it to the bus stop out of breath. Only a few others wait with us, some look friendly, others dont.

miasofia2 on their story: Luca is already done and the day just started lol 😭

The bus arrives, and I sit luca on my lap. We enjoy the views, and luca ends up falling asleep again. We make it to our stop, and get off.

I walk a few blocks until I get to Pablo's house. I knock at the front door. Eventually he opens the door, looking like he just woke up.
"Mia! Why didn't you tell me to pick you up, you shod I've called" he says pulling me inside.
"I felt bad that you had to keep going back and forth. It's fine" I sigh.
"Here, set him down" he leads me to his room and fixes a spot on his bed for Luca, who's still asleep.

I put him down, and Pablo covers him with the blanket. We walk back out to the living room.

"You're crazy" he playfully shoved me.
I smack him back.
"So excited for today?" He winked.
"I'm actually excited but I hate that I don't be done until late" I pout.
"At least as soon as the match ends you'll be able to come. I hear Pedro is having a party" he rolls his eyes.
"Ooh you weren't invited?" I smirk.
"I was, but they get a little too crazy sometimes and I need to wake up early tomorrow for training" he laughs.
"Ahh those kinds of parties" I nod.
"Yeah..you'll get to know Pedro soon. He's cool and a good friend but he's not always the sweetest innocent boy all the fans think he is" he rolls his eyes .
"Oh"

Deep down I wished he wasn't right. And that Pedro was as sweet and full of love as everyone made him sound to be. But I guess only time would tell. So far I guess he hasn't been an asshole to me so I still had hope.