Ch22

later in the afternoon

I had showered and gotten dressed to go out with Gio, Pablo, and now Joao. My father agreed to watch Luca tonight so we could have some time out. I waited for Pablo and Gio to be ready. Eventually they walked out and I stood up.

"Adios amor. Listen to your abuelo okay? Te quiero" i kiss Luca's cheek and pull him into a hug.
"Okay mami. Te quiero" he smiles and kisses me cheek.
"Adios papa, thank you again for staying with him"
"Anytime. Have fun, you deserve it" my father says hugging me.
"Pablo please get them home safe. I would tell Gio but he's not the smartest" my father jokes causing us all to laugh.

We walk out the door and take an Uber to the city. It's dark out by now, and it was a bit colder. We head inside and immediately head toward the bar to order some drinks. We begin to dance and sing along to the music.
"So where's your date?" Pablo nudges me and laughs.
"He's not my date, and he said he's on his way" I smile.
"Mhmm okay. But good. So do you like him?" He raises his eyebrow.
"Pablo! I just met him"
"So? You can think he's cute, have a crush" he laughs.
"I know know yet. I mean he is cute"
"Well I think anyone except for Pedro is good for you" he says as he rolls his eyes.
"I know Pablo. I know, I don't want to talk about him" I sigh.
"Sorry Mia" he kisses my forehead and leans over to order another drink.

After a few more drinks I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see joao. He stood with a smile, his hair combed down a bit but it was still messy. He wore a white button up long sleeve, and black pants. I smiled and stood up.
"I'm glad you came" I smile and he pulls me into a small hug.
"Of course, I wouldn't miss it".

He greets Pablo and Gio who sat beside me. He then walked back to sit beside me and ordered himself a drink.
"You look really nice" he said over the loud music. I scooted closer to him because it was hard to hear. Our arms brushing against each other.
"Thank you" I blushed, but hoped it was dark enough so he couldn't see.

We began to talk and get to know each other. It felt so easy to talk to him, I was comfortable and he listened. He talked about when he started playing futbol, his whole journey all the way to Madrid and such. And he even showed me photos of his dog, Floki. He was funny, but in a discreet way. At times he seemed shy and quiet, but he never made it awkward. He asked me about my life growing up, and at first I was hesitant so I didn't give many details.

"Well my biological parents passed away years ago. But I was lucky enough that the Simeone family took me in and raised me as their own daughter. I grew up with them and I'm beyond grateful. They're my family" I smile.
"I'm sorry to hear about your parents" he puts his hand on mine.
"Yeah, it was rough. But slowly I'm getting better" I smile.
"And can I ask..what about Luca? Do you and his father-"
"Nope. He's never coming back. It was a very rough situation" I reply dryly. He nods, seeming to understand.
"Sorry for asking, I just wanted to see if I had a chance" he nudges me, causing me to laugh.
"I'm not seeing anyone, don't worry" I wink, and he laughs.

We order a few more drinks and eventually make our way to the dance floor. I convinced him to follow because he continued saying he didn't know how to. I grabbed his arm and showed him where to place his hands. I took his hands and placed them on my waist. He pulled us closer together, and I placed my hands around his neck. They were playing bachata songs, and seeing him nervous was funny.
"Just follow my lead" I whisper in his ear. He nods.
"I'm going to embarrass myself" he whispered back.
"What? What happened to your confidence Felix?"
"You make me vulnerable" he whispered, sending chills down my back. I smiled and he smiled back.

The music began and he began to follow my lead. He was doing fairly well. And we were both having a good time.

____

After we had danced for some time, we head back to our table. Gio was asleep on the chair, and I saw Pablo dancing with a girl to the side.

By now the drinks were kicking in and I was feeling confident, and free. All my problems going away. It was just a night out with joao and the boys.

Joao and I sat close together, and I could smell his cologne close to my body. His shirt stuck to his chest, outlining his abs with the sweat from dancing. He had undone a few of the buttons, revealing his chest.
"Like what you see?" He winked. I realized I had been staring him up and down. I blushed and looked away. I felt his hand softly move my head back to face him.
Suddenly I see him lean in closer, and I followed his lead. We both leaned in and our lips touching each others. They moved in perfect sync, and I felt like I wanted more. I held onto the kiss before letting go.

We let go and both smiled.
"Felix, what are you doing to me?" I playfully rolled my eyes.
"I'm not done yet" he smiles. I leaned against him to catch my breath as we finished our drinks and sang along to the music.

____

Eventually it was really late and we decided to head home. The boys said goodbye to joao and walked outside to call the Uber. Leaving joao and I to say our goodbye.
"I had so much fun tonight. Thank you for making me feel good" I smiled and looked down. I played with his button from the shirt while I spoke. He used his finger to move my head up again and I looked up so our eyes met.
"Don't hide your beautiful face. I had a lot of fun too. I hope we can see each other again before you have to leave" he pouts.
"Of course. But your turn to invite me" I smile. He nods.
"I'll text you. Get home safe guapa. Buenas noches" he leans down and kisses my cheek, and then my hand.
"Buenas noches Felix" I blush and stand on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

We're not dating so I wanted to be respectful, and it seems like he did to. The kiss earlier was just in the moment, I loved it but I wanted to love slowly with this relationship, or whatever it is. He walked me outside to the boys. He walked away to the car where his brother was and waved goodbye. I got in the Uber with the boys following behind me.

"So did you have a good time?" Pablo whispered to me so Gio couldn't hear.
"I had a lot of fun" I smiled.
"Good. I like to see you happy. You deserve it" he smiles and kisses my forehead.
"Gracias Pablo" I smile and lean on his shoulder.

We arrive at home and everything is dark and quiet. We walk upstairs to our rooms and say our good nights. I check in Luca's room but don't see him. I quickly walk over to my fathers room and smile and relax as I see him. He laid in bed with my father as they were both in their pjs and asleep. The tv was on, I assume they had been watching a movie. I walk over and cover them with a blanket. I kiss both of their foreheads and turn the tv off before walking out.

I get to my room and begin undressing myself to change into my pjs. I wash my face and brush my teeth before laying down in bed. I check my phone before sleeping.

joao felix
thanks again for inviting me. I can't wait to do it again. descansa guapa 🩵

me neither. I can't wait to kiss you again
oh wait did I just send that? 😳

you're crazy. but I loved it too. go to bed, you need your sleep 😙

Buenas noches Félix. And buenas noches to floki 🩵

I smile at our conversation. I see a motivation from Pedro, but decide to ignore it for now. After all I'm just his employee and I'm technically on vacation. I turn of my light and go to sleep, relaxed and happy.