Ch 20

After having breakfast, everyone was rushing to get ready to head to the Atleti match with my father. I was still tired from the trip but I know that Luca really wanted to go and it would mean a lot to my father.

I took a quick shower and got dressed, and later got Luca ready. My father had to leave ahead of time, but Gio would travel with Luca, and I to the stadium. Pablo wanted to meet some friends for lunch and thought it was best that he isn't seen at the atletico match, which I agreed with.

We get into the car and the chauffeur drives off to ward the stadium. Traffic is terrible today, so it's a bit slow to get there. I hand Luca a snack in the meantime to distract him.when we arrive we enter though the team entrance and find a parking spot. I grab Luca and set him down while I grab our things. He holds my hand and we begin to walk toward the stadium.

miasofia2 posted on their story: my sweet boy 🫶🏼

We head into the stadium and Luca looks beyond happy to be here. We make our way toward our seats which are in the first row. The players have gone out to warm up, and Luca cheers along with the crowd.
"Atleti yo te amo!" He sings along with the crowd causing Gio and into laugh.

I clap and sing along with him as I learn the lyrics.
"Mami! Mami! There's joao!" He stands up on his seat and begins to wave like crazy.

I turn and see two boys passing the ball around to each other. One of them I recognize as Rodrigo de Paul, so the other must be joao. He looks about my age and actually looks pretty cute. I smile as I watch Luca try to get his attention. Eventually he does and Joao waves back with a smile.

Joao POV
"Joao! Joao!" I hear amongst the crowd. I'm surprised because last match didn't go too well and I know the fans had been bashing me on social media. I look over shocked that anyone would be happy to see me and I see Luca. I remember him from when he was here with Simeone. I smile and wave at him and see he's standing by Gio and a girl. I immediately noticed it was the girl from Instagram that Pablo Barrios was following. I just couldn't remember her name. She looks cute, she smiled down at Luca. She looked up and our eyes locked. I immediately blushed and felt butterflies in my stomach. It felt like the world froze, she gave me a small wave and I waved back.

Suddenly I felt someone push me and knock me down. I turn and see De Paul laughing.

"Wake up Felix!" He laughs and playfully smacks me. I roll my eyes and smack him. He ruined my chances. I stand up and clean myself up. I look over but the girl is talking to Gio. I am still left wondering why she's with him though. Is it his girlfriend? If so I would be extremely jealous.

Mia POV
I blushed and looked away.
"So that's Joao, huh?" I say to Luca who nods. Gio smirks and nudges me.
"I saw that" he whispers.
"What?" I act clueless.

The players finish warming up and eventually leave the field. Luca and Gio stand up to grab some snacks and I pull out my phone in the meantime.

ferran
mia, can we talk? where are you?

hola ferran, what's wrong? everything okay? im in Madrid.

oh
well, this is a bit weird but did something happen with you and Pedro?

why do you ask?

maybe we should talk in person, I'm flying to Madrid tomorrow for a photo shoot

Okay, text me when you get here

____

The match begins and so far the team is playing great. I love many of the players on Atleti, and the team has been doing good so far. Luca especially seems to be having a good time.

We all stand up and cheer immediately as the speaker calls out Joao Felix's name after he scores. I smile and clap as the team celebrates, my father kind of celebrated but he's never satisfied with the team anyway. He signals for them to calm down and focus. We have another half of the match and the team needs to win.

____

The match ends 2-0, with a win from Atleti. The fans jump up and down and cheer, and Luca follows along. We wait for the crowd to calm down a bit and eventually follow Gio down to the player tunnel.

Gio takes Luca into his arms and I follow behind. When we arrive my father is busy giving his post match interview, so we stand to the side. Some of the players walk up to Gio and greet him. We stand to the side and smile.

"Gioo, it's been forever"I hear someone's voice say. I turn and look and see Joao walking over. He has his Jersey off, leaving his long sleeve on. His sweat causes his hair to stick to his forehead, and he smiles as he approaches.
"Felix! Incredible goal, I can't believe you still know how to score" my brother jokes. They hug each other and laugh.
"Oh, this is-"
"Joao!" Luca cheers as he sees him. He high fives him.
"This is my sister, Mia" gio signals toward me.
"Nice to meet you" I smile and extend my hand. He shakes it and gives me a small hug.
"Nice to meet you" we stay making eye contact causing me to blush.
"I thought she was your girlfriend" Joao smiles as he says to gio.
"Ew, no" we say in sync.

He stays and talks with us for a bit before my father returns.
"Joao! Locker room, now!" My father says annoyed. He's always very ínstense for no reason.

I wave goodbye to joao as he walks away.

He's really cute, and every time we make eye contact it feels like it's just us two in the room. I don't know how I've never seen him.