032, number one priority.

the whole group had continued to walk, not knowing where they were going. lily was walking beside jonah.

"jonah." lilia got his attention.

"what?" jonah asked not really wanting to talk to her. "i'm sorry for punching you." lily said really apologetic.

"i'm not mad, sorry i put you in 10 times more pain." she smiled a bit. "it's fine." lily said holding his hand.

they walked together, kind of like a couple. daryl knew lilia was safe but still wants to check on her, whenever he looked back he saw the lovebirds. "hey juliet! ask your dad first!" did daryl just make a reference? like, a reference? the whole group laughed as lilia walked over to daryl.

"i don't want you to doin nothin." daryl said. "dad, i'm 8 the hell do you think i'm gonna do?" lily asked. "i don't know, cuss constantly maybe." daryl said making her roll her eyes.

"dad, there are dead alive people walking outside, you shouldn't be worrying about if i have a boyfriend." lilia said. "just keep it pg, damn." daryl said. "besides, you and glenn are always my number one priority."

glenn heard them as he and maggie were walking beside them. glenn smiled. "maggie too." lily said making maggie smirk a bit. she walked back to jonah holding his hand again. "my dad said keep it pg." lilia shrugged.

"people kiss in pg movies." jonah said a smile grew on his face.

"yeah, i guess." lily said. jonah was a bit of an outcast, but so was lily. lilia had never kissed someone, not until that day. jonah leaned in to kiss her, carl gave her a side eye of jealousy, he didn't even like lily. it was short something to start. "i love you lily, so much." jonah told her. "i love you too." lilia sad smiled at him.

"you okay?" jonah asked. "fine, imma go to my dad." lilia said. "lils." jonah said, she turned her head. "it's okay to talk to me." he said half smiling. she nodded. 'no it's not, and don't call me that' lily mumbled to herself.

lilia walked between daryl and glenn her legs began to cramp but she just kept walking.

"hey honey." daryl said.

"yeah?" she asked. "i've always wondered where you got that scar on the other hand." daryl said

"me and my brother made a promise, that whenever he left the house he would take me with him. that wasn't true." lilia said remembering her brother. daryl held her hand as they walked more.

after a few more minutes they were getting to the point where she couldn't handle it. she grabbed a few ibuprofen from her bag not wanting to disturb the group, she still had a lot left. the ibuprofen didn't help a bit.

her legs were in a lot of pain. "ugh my legs hurt." carl complained. rick looked back at him. "you want a break." he asked. "yes please." he said annoyed. lilia was pissed at him. whenever they took a break lily finally sat down and looked at abraham drinking a ton of whiskey.

"what happened?" lily asked daryl. "eugene doesn't have the cure and abraham is in some kinda state." daryl said. "i knew it." lily said rolling her eyes. "yeah ya did." daryl said. her legs hurt a lot, like A LOT. she went to lean against a tree where no one really saw her but daryl could if he looked at her. she cried quietly because she didn't want to cause problems. daryl looked back a few times but the last time he noticed the tears running down her face.

"you okay?" daryl asked. "i'm fine." lilia lied. "hey, your cryin you gotta have a reason." daryl said comfortingly. "i said i'm fine." lily said a bit annoyed. "tell me." he said sitting beside her. "my legs hurt." lilia said. "why didn't you say anything?" daryl asked her. "because i didn't wanna come off bitchy." lily said. "you wouldn't a come off as bitchy, carl complained for no reason and rick stopped." daryl said confused at her hiding of emotions. "because carl is his kid, i'm not." lily said. "honey, stop." daryl said. "i'm not his kid." she said.

"but your my kid." daryl said. "i woulda stopped for ya."

lilia let out a small cry, and rick looked at her. he walked over to her. "what happened." rick asked a bit nervous. daryl summarized the prior conversation. "baby, i woulda stopped for ya." rick said. "carl was bein anonoyin but i still stopped for 'im. you never cry about bein hurt it's rare, i woulda pulled over."

"im your uncle rick."

lilia smiled a bit, daryl looked at the pair. "of course you are." lily said, her legs still hurt but rick made it so much better. she wasn't gonna make daryl hold her or nothing, she would walk but in pain. they all sat in a circle on the road, they weren't gonna get run over or anything. lilia wondered why they were walking. nobody told her they were still going to dc.

they saw someone in an rv come driving over to them. lily shot the window broken and they stopped. lilia stabbed him and pulled him out of the car. "what're y'all starin for? come on." she said everyone got up. as rick drove they saw water and a piece of paper that said 'from a friend'. lilia grabbed a bottle and her and jonah shared it. the water was scarce, but enough. she sat beside rosita in the rv. abraham and rick had switched seats, rick had kind of been in a weird state of mind lately. abraham sat on the other side of rosita.

"glenn, when you were pourin the bisquick you were tryna make pancakes?" abraham asked. daryl snickered a bit. rosita let out a small laugh.

it took glenn a minute to understand. "oh uh, yeah." he said. lilia let out a small laugh. daryl nudged her. "you understand?" he asked surprised. "yup. i was 4-'' daryl cut her off. "hey! i don't wanna know about that shit!" daryl slightly yelled. everyone in the rv bursted into laughter. glenn slapped lilia in the head for starting chaos, obviously not hard. "sorry glenny." lily said smiling. the rest of the ride was good, until the rv broke down. a very weird man was at the rv whenever it broke down.

"hi." he said putting his hands up. lily quickly pulled out her gun. "guys. stay." lilia said to everyone, walking outside.

"alright, how many's walkers have ya killed?" lily asked him annoyed.

"i don't know, a couple dozen." the man said nervous.

"how many people have ya killed?" she asked rolling her eyes and beginning to pat him down.

"0." he said. he had nothing. "why?" lily asked. "because i don't need to." he said.

"yer name?" lily asked. "aaron raleigh." he said to her much more relaxed.

"okay, what do ya want?" she asked putting her gun into its pocket.

"i have a community, it's called alexandria." he said. "really?" lily asked amused. "yeah, we have walls and i have photos in my pack." lilia grabbed the photos and looked through them smiling.

"alright, there are kids in the rv, like me glenn over there is fixing it." lily said to him.

"i have a boyfriend, he is looking for people to bring to our community." lilia furrowed her eyebrows, she didn't understand sexuality. her parents were close minded freaks and were homophobic, racist, and sexist. lily didn't understand. but she didn't ask questions.

"stay." lilia said walking to the rv.

"he's got a community, it's real he's got pictures. he's a nice guy and he's got a boyfriend, he's gotta keep his community safe. he's gonna bring us, we are goin." lilia said. "nah, we don't know who he is." rick stepped in. "i trust him, besides if he is bad it's like 16 against 1." lily said, shrugging her shoulders. "lilia-" she quickly cut him off. "rick, i get it you have trust issues, i do too but get into the state of mind of saving carl." lily raised her voice. "then we aren't going." rick said.

"richard daniel fucking grimes. get into the headspace of saving your family. this guy ain't like gareth or the damn governor. he's different, we're goin, i'll leave you and carl here if ya want. if it ain't a democracy act like it." lily said. she had never spoke to him that way. he looked at her amused, how did she learn his full name? daryl grinned slightly at her. everyone else had always wanted to say anything like that because rick made some bad decisions. but nobody had the balls. just lilia penelope dixon.

authors note 🤌
lily is such a badass.

1478 words