062, happy late birthday.

2 months later

negan had gone missing (hm i wonder how that happened.) and everyone was looking for him their searches had failed. the snow had began to fall again not as bad, everyone was still at hilltop considering everywhere else had no power. lily had been reading with rj.

"hey lily, what happened to you?" he asked out of the blue. "what do you mean?" she asked confused.

"your cuts on your hands and your face and you where a glove." he said. "it's a long story buddy. i'll be back you keep reading." she said walking out to check on judith, she spent equal time with the both of them, before she got there daryl wanted to talk with her so she sat down beside him and they talked.

"i wanted to ask if you think school is a good fit for you," he began. "i think it would be good to keep your humanity."

"humanity? your hilarious." she replied. "lily come on, you are gonna go to school." he said in a stern tone.

"no, i'm not." she said. daryl got up. "you aren't gonna boss me around ever again you understand me!" he screamed. "i don't give a shit. this world is for survival not stuff i'm never gonna use."

he slapped her as hard as he could. she almost fell backwards from the force. "how's it feel? to suffer?" he asked. "not that bad actually. your not gonna get a reaction out of me. you forget that i grew up the same way you did."

he knocked her on the ground. "your such a bitch you know that?! i hate you!" daryl screamed, "i never wanted to be your dad!"

lily got up on the couch, rethinking what ezekiel told her. "im not gonna yell at you, okay. so im sorry im an inconvenience to you, truly. im sorry i use so much attitude towards you, you try your best i really apologize for that. i've come to a conclusion that hitting me and screaming at me doesn't bother me anymore. no one knows how to do anything else though so i know i can do anything, im gonna focus on survival and i never went to school and i turned out fine so i'm not going. just know that screaming you hate me at me isn't the best way to punish me. you don't have to be my dad, daryl, i'm fully okay with that." lily said walking back to rj. she chose to be the bigger person, she was proud of herself. "hey, sorry." daryl said. "whatever"

her and rj read for a bit before judith joined them. gage busted through the door a big smile on his face. rj hid in fear. "what happened!?" lily shouted, "we are havin a snowball fight cmon!" he said. they all followed him putting their warm clothes on. she and gage helped the little kids make snowmen. gage brought lily aside so no one saw them. gage handed her a gift. "what's this?" she asked. "just open it." he said.

she proceeded to open it and it was a necklace that said, love you forever. "henry told me to give it to you before he died." a tear ran down lilys face. "thank you gage." she said. "of course." he replied pulling her in for a hug. "let's go have some fun." gage said putting her necklace around her neck.

lily stood beside daryl, "what was that about?" he asked. "i got a gift." she said. daryl handed her a bag, she opened it and there was a chocolate bar and some other candies with a weezer shirt and a cat stuffed animal. lily looked at him giving him a hug.

"happy really late fifteenth birthday honey, this won't make up for all the birthdays i've missed but i hope it helps." lily smiled at him. "i love you dad." she said. "i love you too, i'm so sorry i yelled at you." daryl said. "it's okay, i understand." lily said throwing a snowball. for about 10 minutes they threw snowballs until judith got hit in the face. lilia immediately ran to her.

"you okay?" she asked in a panic. judith was crying a bit. "no what the hell does it look like?" she asked. "okay, i'm sorry dumb question." lily grabbed her bag off her back and grabbed a towel to clean off her face. judith was crying harder because she was cold. lily picked her up and put her on the bench lily stood in front of her.

there was some blood on her face when they clean up all the snow. she grabbed some antibiotic ointment and put it on her cut. "i'm okay now." judith said. "we can sit here for a while." lily said grabbing her chocolate bar out of her gift bag. "want some?" she asked.

"what is that?" she asked. "chocolate, try it." she told the younger. they both began to eat it, judith loved it. no one else even moved a muscle when judith started crying even her own mother. they both walked to lilys house and sat on the couch after both taking showers. michonne came storming in.

"wow have you ever heard of knocking?" lily asked. "why is judith here? i've been worried." michonne shouted.

"oh really! you were worried? that's so funny because i got hit in the face with a snowball and i was bleeding and you couldn't take your eyes off rj but it took you 1 and a half hours to notice was gone to you can yell at me or lia, i know who you are you don't give a fuck about me!" judith screamed at michonne.

"watch your mouth!" michonne screamed. "what have you taught my daughter?"

"your daughter? you don't act like it. she's taught me more then you have which isn't hard to beat because you haven't taught me jack shit!" judith screamed. "your never talking to lilia again." michonne said.

"no, i'm never talking to you again." judith said running with lily and they locked i
themselves in the bathroom. "let me in this damn door!" michonne screamed.

"maybe care about your kid first and we will think about it. you offered to take care of judith. but in the end you don't care." lily said. michonne walked off understanding what she had done, michonne was a horrible mother. judith hugged lily. "it's okay, you're okay now."

"please keep me safe sis." judith said feeling vulnerable. "i'll keep you safe for the rest of my life no question."

authors note  🪀

ofc i'll give you guys a happy chapter once a book and this isn't even that happy 👽👽

1093 words