chapter 91

Taylor played with Lucy's hair as she sat down on her daughter's bed, her back against the headboard and Lucy laying in her lap.

They've already had dinner and Taylor was trying to put to sleep but Lucy kept asking her different questions and Taylor had no choice but to answer knowing that she'll end up sleeping in her lap, sooner or later.

the sound of the front door closing made her lift her head up and look at the doorway only to look back at Lucy as she asked:" Mommy, Is Uncle Harry's daddy going to die like my daddy?".

Taylor frowned and played with her daughter's hair, "I don't know sweetie, But he's fine now, that's what matters". Taylor smiled down at her and then kissed her forehead.

"Uncle Harry!", Lucy smiled sitting up on her mother's lap and holding her arms out for him. Harry smiled walking over to her, He sat on the bed and she climbed on his lap.

"Why are you still awake?", He asked smiling down at her, Lucy shrugged and then looked at her mom before looking back at him.

"Uncle Harry can I ask you something?", She said and Harry nodded his head, "Anything sweetheart".

"Since you and Mommy are getting married, does that mean you're my daddy now?", She asked and Harry frowned, He lifted his head and looked at Taylor to see she has the same confusion written on her face.

Harry was lost of words, He didn't know how to handle such a situation, He looked at Taylor for help and she was as lost as he. He didn't want to tell Lucy he's her father now because he didn't want take Zac's place, He didn't want Lucy to forget about Zac as he is her real and only father. 

"Um...Well you see pumpkin, I can never take you father's place, even though me and your mommy are getting married", He looked at Taylor and found her looking at him with a small smile." Zac will always be your father, Okay?", He added.

Lucy nodded and said:"I know that you silly", Harry pouted and Taylor laughed beside him. Lucy laughed and said:" but I can still call you daddy, right?". Harry smiled and nodded his head before hugging her and kissing the top of her head."I love you Lucy".

Lucy hugged him tighter and then pressed a kiss to his cheek before climbing out of his lap and to her mother's yawning.

Harry smiled when Taylor rucked Lucy in and then hugged her to sleep. He stayed there watching them, As Taylor stroke her daughter's hair and whispered sweet nothings to her ear.

Soon, Lucy was peacefully sleeping and Taylor slowly climbed out of bed, She and Harry walked out of the room, closing the door behind. She turned around to face him and smiled at him before pulling him in for a big hug.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier, That was stupid", He whispered against her neck and she just hugged him tighter, running her fingers through his hair.

"How is he doing?", She asked referring to his father, Harry pulled back and looked at her to speak:" He's better now. However, The doctors said that he might not be able to handle another heart attack".

Taylor smiled  sympathetically and ran her finger down the side of his face before kissing his cheek. "I'm sorry, baby", She whispered and Harry wrapped his arms around her waist before pulling her in for another hug.

"I'm scared, I'm scared that he'll be gone, he was my father for all these years, he took me from that hospital and made me who I am today, He gave me his name and built my future, And I don't know how to pay him back for that before he leaves", He said with his voice breaking.

Taylor sighed and rubbed his back. She knew how he was feeling, the feeling of knowing you are going to lose someone so close to you and never see them again.

She pulled back to look at him and he had a single tear running down his face, She wiped it away and then slowly leaned in to kiss his lips.

They walked to their room and closed the door behind, Harry took off his shirt and threw it on the vanity chair before climbing on the bed while Taylor went to the bathroom.

She came out seconds later and climbed next to Harry, snuggling to his side. He smiled before pressing a kiss to her forehead and putting an arm around her waist.

"I Love you, baby", She whispered with her eyes closed as Harry replied with a firm:" I Love you too, Taylor".