› adore. kang haerin ‹

> warning : slight violence.
> fluff
> a little angst
> plot; no matter what may come, haerin will always stand by y/n's side.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

"why are you always sleeping in class, huh?!" mr. lee yelled at y/n, whose eyes were battling sleep.

as mr. lee's voice echoed through the classroom, y/n's eyes blinked up at him. still half asleep, she tried to focus on his words.

"are you even listening to me?!" mr. lee thundered while y/n tried to shake the fog from her head and focus.

what could he be so mad about?

"what do you plan to be when you grow up?!" mr. lee demanded, waving the book in y/n's face.

she only stared back at him in confusion – the words felt sharp and threatening, but y/n's mind was too cloudy to grasp their meaning.

"answer me!" mr. lee pressed his question, his voice even harsher this time.

y/n looked up at mr. lee, a small smile crossing her face. "a singer, sir."

her words hung in the air for a beat, seemingly to emphasize her decision. mr. lee was silent, the only sound coming from his heavy breathing.

"a singer, huh?" mr lee scoffed, pushing y/n's head with his book. "you think you can be a singer with bad grades? you're delusional."

mr. lee shook his head and turned away from y/n. she looked down, shame burning her cheeks. was her dream really that impossible?

y/n tried to ignore the stinging remarks, but they kept echoing in her mind. could she really be a singer? her parents had always told her she had a beautiful voice, but what if it wasn't enough?

"stop thinking so much!" mr. lee suddenly shouted, his voice breaking her out of the daydream. she jumped in her seat and looked up at him.

"you won't get anywhere with your head in the clouds all the time. listen up or else you'll end up on the streets!" mr. lee's words sounded like knives to her ears.

"i'm not joking," mr. lee snarled. "pay attention and think about what you want to be. otherwise you'll end up a failure." he shoved his book back at her and walked away.

y/n stared at the book in her hands, a sinking feeling settling in her chest. maybe mr. lee was right. maybe her dream was just impossible.

haerin watched her girlfriend, her expression filled with concern. she couldn't let her go give up on her dreams.

"don't listen to mr. lee," she said quietly, holding her girlfriend's hand. "you can do anything you want to, don't let him get in your head."

her words felt like a warm hug, and y/n's doubts seemed to melt away. with haerin's support, there was no way she would fail.

as haerin continued to comfort y/n, she realized that mr. lee's words didn't matter. she wasn't alone, and she had someone on her side.

feeling her girlfriend's hand in hers, y/n knew she would succeed to be a singer. with a newfound sense of hope, she looked up and nodded at haerin.