› the cashier. danielle marsh ‹

> warning : slight curses and violence.
> fluff ??
> plot; one night, danielle is chased and rescued by y/n, a cashier who just wants to sleep all day.

- 💌 -

- danielle pov -

i need to escape.

i noticed the sight of him from afar, and i knew that he could catch me anytime. i have to make sure he can't reach me.

i ran as fast as i could. i ran until i saw the light at the end of the road – my legs rushed to carry me to the end of the road. i heard his shouts and footsteps getting closer.

tears came out of my eyes and ran down my cheeks. oh god, please save me. i saw a 24-hours convenience store and ran inside – a tired-looking girl was looking at me strangely.

"p-please help me!" i walk to the counter and ask for help. "j-just, please allow me to hide under the counter!" i continued.

"go ahead," the girl said nonchalantly.

without wasting time, i thanked her and went to hide myself under the counter. "p-please don't tell him anything. j-just create lies. or anything that c-could fool him!" i reminded her, and then i heard someone enter the convenience store, so i covered my mouth.

"helo there, welcome to the 24-hour convenience store" the girl did her job as a cashier as if nothing had happened. she bowed and showed a small smile.

"have you seen a young girl? i'm chasing her, and i'm sure she's here," he asked.

there was a faint silence between them, but not until the girl started to speak, "i was sleeping a while ago, so i'm not sure if i ever see her around here," she lied to the guy.

great.

"oh, alright"

"but who are you? to chase a young girl at this time..." she leans forward. "it just bothers me"

"you don't have to know. just mind your own business," he said. "but, wait, are you sure that she's not here?"

"you can look around," she smiles as her eyes observe the guy's movements.

i grip her leg. "w-what are you d-doing?"

she only asked me to shut up and look at the guy. a small smile was plastered on her face again as she asked, "did you find her?"

"no," he paused. "let me check under the counter," he said, and the footsteps were getting closer and louder. oh my god.

"as long as you don't take the money," she said and glanced at me with a small smile before walking out, leaving me trembling under the counter.

with that, my eyes met the guy's. i began to tear up again when i saw that crazy smile. he yanked me out of the counter, and i could only scream.

"H-HELP! HELP ME!" i scream my heart out, but he puts a knife under my neck and threatens me to shut up, so i do like what he told me because i don't want to die yet! i was sobbing. i'm so weak at this moment. am i gonna die?

"you said she wasn't here earlier?!" he shouted at the girl.

"you really believe my lies? god, you're such a fool," she said as i felt he presses the knife on my neck a little. i yelp a bit and sob when i feel my breath is short.

"i'm not a fucking fool," the guy said. "i will kill her if you ever call the police"

"yeah, no shit i got no phone"

he lets out a chuckle. "i see, i'm sure you must be poor," he said, mocking the girl.

"and has a really boring job to do," she continues. "and also doesn't look nasty like you do," she fired back and walked closer to us.

"FUCK YOU!" he shouts at her making me flinch at the loud voice.

"don't curse in front of the young girl, fool," she crossed her arms. "now, will you let her go?"

"why would i?"

"i gotta call her parents," she said calmly and let out a slight chuckle. "bitch, i told you to let her go because you're going to get beaten by me!"

"you think i'm scared?" he asks. "a poor girl like you can't fight me!"

"i'll show you a proof then"

the guy let go of me after getting kicked in the crotch by the girl. he held his crotch while groaning as i stared at him and the girl.

"hide under the counter, and don't you ever peek," she said to me as i obeyed what she told me – i noticed her kicking the knife away and whistling as she stepped on the guy's right hand.

i gasped. then, she glimpsed at me and scolded me. "i said, don't peek," she said sternly, and i quickly hid under the counter with my ears covered.

grunts, screams, curses, thuds, and screeching shoes were heard by me for 7 minutes. soon, it finally stopped – i peeked at them and saw the guy passed out. he defeated, and the girl was panting with blood in her mouth.

i gasped and went to help the girl. i look at her with fear and worry on my face. "oh god, are you alright?" i ask her as i glance at the guy. he got beaten up too bad, huh?

the girl only hummed as she stood up, walking limply to the counter, as took out a medical kit. she let out a heavy sigh as she spoke; "you're not supposed to see this," she said and looked at me. "my bad, i swore too much."

"it's fine," i said, noticing that she was struggling to treat herself. "let me help you," i said. right when i was about to help her, she gripped my wrist. "eh?"

"just take some water. i need to clean up my face," she said, and i obeyed. i come back to her with two bottles in my hand as i crouch down next to her.

"may i help?"

"i can do it by myself" she said without looking at me, but i went to hold her hands as she looks up to my face. "hm?"

"please, let me help you. just think this is some help that i can do in return..."

"fine. go ahead," she rolls her eyes.

i started treating her by washing the wounds, then applying ointment and putting on bandages. after finishing, i glanced at her name tag; y/n.

"thank you for saving me, miss y/n..."

"miss? bro, i'm just one year older than you!" she crossed her arms. "did i look that old?"

"s-sorry!!" i apologize. "i just want to be formal with you..."

"no need," she said and stood up. "thank you for treating me all of my wounds, by the way" she looked at me, and her lips formed a small smile.

"your welcome," i beamed.

×

my sunshine

my sunshine