𝐒𝐢𝐱

Warning: Mentioning of death

_________________

May 29, 2023

It was Monday when Mingi realized that it would have been better if he had stayed in that house.

Mingi walked down the university corridor with Wooyoung and Jongho. "I'm so hungry," Wooyoung whined, holding his stomach. Jongho laughed. Mingi was about to object that Wooyoung was always hungry when someone tapped him. He turned around and looked into the face of a student he didn't know. He was a little shorter and wore glasses.

"Yes?" Mingi said, squinting questioningly at his friends. "Are you Song Mingi?" the boy asked and Mingi nodded skeptically. "A man was looking for you," the boy said.
"A man?" Mingi asked, confused, and Wooyoung and Jongho were just as confused as him. "Yes, he asked a few of my friends if they knew you. They said he was creepy." Mingi raised an eyebrow and smirked. "I'm sure someone from the other class is trying to play a prank on me," he said to his friends.

Since they had been at this university, they had played pranks on each other from time to time, but they were always funny. "What did he look like?" Mingi turned back to the boy. "He was quite tall, slim and the others said he had pink hair."

Mingi's blood froze and he stared at the boy in shock. The boy shrugged his shoulders. "I just wanted to let you know in case it's something important," he said and then walked away. Mingi stood there rooted to the spot and old flashbacks came flooding back.

"What is it?" Jongho asked, nudging Mingi. Mingi shook his head, trying to get back to reality. "Nothing's wrong," he mumbled and also walked away. "Hey, I thought we were going to get something to eat together!," Wooyoung called after him. Mingi disappeared around the next corner into the men's toilet.

He tried to convince himself that it was just a coincidence, but what if it wasn't? What if it was the same pink-haired man who had pushed him to the ground, who had run away and who belonged to the mafia?

With a dizzy feeling, Mingi leaned over to the sink and splashed his face with cold water. He tried to relax and suppress his fear, but it didn't work and Yunho's words kept echoing in his head. What if these people were really after him? But why? He had barely seen anything. Or was what he had seen already too much? Mingi couldn't stop asking himself these questions.

Totally paranoid, he walked to the dormitories after his last lesson. Every two seconds he turned around and checked that no one was following him. He knew he was crazy, but he couldn't get rid of this oppressive feeling.

Everything got even worse after Mingi entered the building, stopped in front of his door and stared stunned at the gap between the door and the door frame. Someone had been in his room.

He swallowed and prayed that it was all just a dream. Very carefully and with a pounding heart, he pushed open his room door. He switched on the light and breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that no one was in his room. He closed the door behind him and sat down on his bed. He closed his eyes. Maybe he had just exaggerated and everything really was okay.

Mingi's body fell onto his soft mattress. His head landed on his pillow. His long hair fell wildly in his face. Then he breathed in and out deeply.

....

A loud knock pierced the silence and Mingi startled. His pulse was immediately back to 180 and his eyes stared in horror in the direction of his room door. He stood up with shaky legs and rubbed his sweaty hands. Everything would be fine, he told himself as he put one foot in front of the other. He trudged quietly to the door and, holding his breath, he looked out into the hallway. His shoulders slumped again and Mingi exhaled. It was his room neighbor Benny.