Chapter 45 Someone Find The Off Switch

~Oscar Pan~

~Oscar Pan~

~Lyle Cillian~

~Lyle Cillian~

It had been a few days since then. Jane had made her excuses and was properly hiding her fingers. They were sitting in the library all together when Rachael rushed over, all but slamming a book into the table.

"Guys, I think I have it?"

"What? Hearing loss? I have that too now, thanks to you," Draven whined.

"No, the answer. I don't think it was a rabbit at all. I think it might have been a Quilian."

Jane quickly put up some silencing wards. "What the hell is a Quilian? Some kind of rabbit monster?"

"No, that's the thing, it is actually a hybrid between a dragon and a deer."

Jane tried to imagine it but her brain failed her. "Um, Rachael how exactly does some dragon deer resemble a rabbit?"

"Look," she started flipping through pages in the massive book, " because it was a burn mark and a simple one at that it could have been something about that shape. I did start looking at rabbits at first but there just isn't all that much about magical rabbits even when you check overseas sources. Then I started thinking about the fact I was assuming it was something that looked like a rabbit but wasn't. Even then I was only looking for something rabbit themed. So I went back and looked at all the magical creatures, because the brand you saw was only a head and a crude one at that. I looked at anything that might have the right dimensions and came up with this."

"What is the significance of a Quilian?"

"Well they are used to choose the Supreme Mugwump of the Confederation of Wizards. Apparently they choose only those pure of heart. Apparently there was a big incident with one back in nineteen-thirty-two because a dark lord tried to manipulate the choosing in his favor but Dumbledore stopped it."

"Why would someone use it as a brand then?"

'Not the foggiest," Rachael leaned back in her seat. "But it's the only thing that even vaguely fits."