Chapter 57 He's The Bomb

Dust flew through the air as the lab rocked and with a wave of his hand the small mirror stopped before it tumbled to the floor. The enchanted vents started pulling out the smoke revealing a relatively unaffected room.

"Sorel," Sable's disapproving voice came through the mirror.

"Maybe no one will notice."

"It was an explosion Sorel. You know how Dad feels about them in the house," he chastised.

"Better out then in?"

His brother huffed before getting back to the reason he called. "Why didn't you tell us Shad would be working here?"

Sorel made a humming noise as he watched some ash being sucked out of the room. He had protective wards on everything so the actual damage was minimal. It had just been really loud and unexpected. It shouldn't have been, given he had about four explosions a week not counting weekends so really one was due.

"Sorel!"

"That was a pretty good one. I'd even rank it a six on my scale."

"I don't care about the explosion so long as you in one piece," he added probable as an afterthought. Brothers could be like that.

"Are you listening?"

Sorel hummed as he pulled out a tennis ball from a drawer and moved some of the substance into it for later use. He could have put it into a jar but he really liked how he could throw these. He dropped it into a draw filled with other tennis balls after writing down the date time and recipe. You could never have enough good explo-

"Sorel! Why is Shad here?"

"He got a job. Have you been shaking butterflies." Where were his googles? Sorel pushed a precariously piled stack of papers to the side and began rummaging through his desk.

"What? No! I don't care about his ruddy job! Why is he at Hogwarts," Sable questioned slowly. Sorel could practically hear how red in the face his brother was. Maybe he should make him something for his blood pressure? That would be nice. He knew he wasn't the bestat potions, per say but-

"Sorel focus."

A strap sticking out of one of the piles caught his attention. "Aha," he yelled only to be disappointed with the long piece of strap. "Shoot."

"What are you looking for," Sable finally huffed.

"My goggles. I can't find them anywhere."

There was a pause before Sable sighed. "Check you head."

Sorel practically beamed. "You sigh like Shad," he said as he reached up to feel his rats nest of tangled hair before pulling away a pair of round goggles with orange lenses. "My goggles! Thanks Sable. I'll make you that potion later," he said.

"Wait, what potion Sorel?! Do not make any-"

Sorel cut off the call, flipping the mirror closed as he cleaned one of the lenses with his white lab coat. Some of his coworkers had given it to him. Something about how the old one's stains were 'creepy and horrifying.' Sorel hummed happily.

His brothers could be so picky. He kept having to hide his potions in their food cause they refused to take them. He snickered.

Sorel jotted some notes down. He had been working on a type of smoke bomb, a kind of mix between the Weezer's instant darkness powder and a high powered sleeping powder that could be both absorbed through the skin, inhaled or ingested orally with the subject being rendered unconscious instantly. He also wanted the duration to be controllable.