Chapter 45

The next afternoon I was sitting in my room reading a book when a knock was heard on my door

The next afternoon I was sitting in my room reading a book when a knock was heard on my door. "Come in," I lightly whispered and the door was slowly opened by Gavino.

I sighed and put my book down. "Ophelia is here," he said and I nodded. I stood up and he frowned. He obviously wanted to talk but I didn't. 

"Julieta, can we...?" he started but I just walked past him. It was all his fault. 

I walked downstairs to the kitchen to see Ophelia talking to Noemi. "Hey!" I exclaimed and smiled. We hugged and she smiled back.

"I'm so happy that you are here," I said and Noemi smiled too.

"Should we go out for dinner?" Noemi asked and I nodded.

"Sounds great," Ophelia answered and stood up.

"I'm just going to grab my purse," I told them and went to find my purse while they waited in the car.

I walked up to my room and met Gavino in the hallway. "Julieta, please," he said and grabbed my arm.

I sighed and turned to look at him. "No, you don't listen. I am going out with my friends now and I don't want to hear your stupid explanation," I responded and pulled my arm out of his grip. 

I walked into my room, grabbed my purse and then went out to the car.

~~~~

We decided on sushi, as always.

"So, how are you?" I asked after we sat down in the restaurant.

Ophelia smiled and shrugged. "I don't know. Things were really weird at first, I mean I had sex with Enzo without knowing who he was and that's the least complicated part about our relationship," Ophelia explained and I nodded.

"But how much time do you need to spend with him?" Noemi questioned and Ophelia sighed.

"Since the other girls aren't helping at all, they didn't even come with us here, it's basically all the time that I'm awake," Ophelia responded and Noemi frowned.

"Why did they even go on the mission if they couldn't do it," Noemi said and Ophelia shrugged.

"I have no idea, all I know is that I'm the only one who does the work," Ophelia replied and I sighed. "Anyways, I want to know all about your fake marriage."

"It's so weird because we used to be together and now we are, but we aren't. I just get so angry because he doesn't understand why I get mad and then we have to fake being in love when all I really want to do is fix our relationship and go back to the way it was," I explained and Ophelia nodded.

"Yeah, I understand. But I think that you were great at pretending last night," she spoke and I smiled.

"Thanks."

~~~~

When we got back to the house Enzo was there. Gavino, Enzo, Samuel, Manuel and Luca were sitting in the living room.