Chapter 36

They say that the second stage of grief is anger

They say that the second stage of grief is anger. They were right.

"No, no, no!" I exclaimed and stood up.

I ran out of Samuel's office and could hear his footsteps behind me.

Samuel caught me and I punched his chest. "No, we have to go and get them! We have to kill those who killed them! We can't just let it go!" I yelled and Samuel grabbed my hands.

"I know, I know. I'm working on it!" Samuel told me and I tried to breathe but everything was just coming over me.

Gavino was gone.

Gavino was not coming back.

No.

No.

No.

I had to get revenge for him!

He had done it for me, he died for me!

It was so unfair, he deserved so much more than that.

I was the one who took it away from him.

It's my fault.

"It's my fault, Samuel. He's gone because of me," I exclaimed and Samuel widened his eyes.

"No, what no! Julieta, it's not your fault!" Samuel said and I chocked out a sob. "Listen to me, I know that your sad. Believe me, I am going through the same thing but you need to control it."

"I'm not sad, I'm just angry. He deserved so much better," I replied and Samuel nodded.

"Yes, they did. I know," he spoke and I shook my head.

"I need to go," I responded and he let go of me.

I turned and walked away but saw in the corner of my eye how Xavier stood there watching us.

I walked into my room and picked up my phone. I started watching pictures of the two of us and the tears just streamed down my face.

The anger was boiling inside of me, he should've gotten a much better life than what he got and it was because of me.

If I had just let it go and moved on, he could've been here with me and we could've been happy together.

He would've been alive and I hadn't had this big hole in my heart from where he used to be.

~~~~

I gathered myself and remembered that I needed to go downstairs and sit with the other girls.

I had told them that I'd be back in a few minutes. I dried my tears and tried to shake off the anger I was feeling.

I needed to be nice but it was going to be hard to just pretend that I'm not dying on the inside because the love of my life is not here with me anymore.