Chapter 50

A knock was heard on the door

A knock was heard on the door. Then another.

Another.

Another.

Until I groaned and covered my ears.

"Go, open!" I whispered half awake and elbowed Gavino so he would wake up.

He groaned and slowly sat up. I was thankful that he opened it so I wouldn't have to. But first he put on a pair of pants and a shirt and then opened the door.

In came Miranda and Manuele.

"Breakfast in ten?" Miranda asked and I groaned. "Okay, twenty. See you then!" Then they went back out the door and Gavino slammed it shut after them.

We both got ready in silence. I had nothing to say to him. At least nothing that could be discussed that early in the morning.

But when we got downstairs to the hotel restaurant and I smelled pancakes, I was immediately awake.

I grabbed a plate and started picking out all the things that I wanted. Then I sat down with Manuele and Miranda who already had a table. Gavino followed a few seconds after.

Gavino and I just started eating in silence but I could feel Miranda's stare on me.

"Did you guys fight or something?" Miranda asked and I looked up and met her eyes.

"No, everything's fine," I answered and she narrowed her eyes at me. I would tell her later but definetly not when the guys were there.

I already had a fight with Gavino on this trip and talking about it infront of him would just start another and I didn't have energy for that.

"What do you want to do today?" Manuele asked and I shrugged. "I was thinking maybe we could explore the city a little?"

Right, the famous capital city of Jamaica: Kingston. Since I hadn't been to Jamaica before I had done a lot of research before coming and I was all educated on the places we needed to go to.

"Yes, we can go shopping. Get our nails done. Have so much fun!" Miranda exclaimed and I smiled.

"Sure, sounds great," I responded and she smiled.

"You guys could play basketball or something," Miranda suggested and Gavino gave her a small smile.

"Whatever you want, Miranda," he said and she nodded.

"Yes, thank you."

~~~~

"Okay, spill the tea! I know something's up between you and Gavino," Miranda said as we were getting our nails done.

"Well, we fought," I replied and she nodded.

"About?"

"He wanted to talk about our past. Work things out. But we kind of just threw everything out and didn't have the energy to solve it so now it's just laying there," I told her and she held up her hand.