Chapter 21

Gavino didn't fight back

Gavino didn't fight back. He let Samuel punch him while I was desperately trying to get Samuel to stop.

He wasn't listening.

"Stop, Samuel! Please stop!" I cried and Samuel was now on top of Gavino landing punches to his face.

Ilara came running into the hallway and saw what was going on. I was crying so badly now and her instinct was to jump on top of Samuel.

She was on his back and grabbed his hands. She whispered something I couldn't hear in his ear and he relaxed a little. She jumped down and Samuel got off Gavino.

I ran to Gavino who sat up. He wiped the blood from his nose and smiled vaguely at me. "Why didn't you fight back?" I asked and tears where still streaming down my face.

"I deserve it, you had your first kill because of me and I'm a bad influence," he answered and I grabbed his face in my hands.

"Stop, I don't care about that. I needed to have my first kill soon eventually. You don't deserve it," I told him and he wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Don't cry," he whispered and I hugged him.

Ilara was talking to Samuel. He still seemed mad but he didn't move.

He tried to grab her hand but she stepped back. She shook her head and said something I couldn't hear.

I stood up and helped Gavino get up.

"Samuel," I spoke and he turned his head to me. I was standing in front of Gavino. "You need to grow up, I'm not eight anymore and I can make my own decisions."

"You're too young for him," Samuel said and I scoffed.

"Four years isn't a lot," I told him and Samuel narrowed his eyes.

"He's dangerous, he's killed thousands of people," Samuel explained and I sighed.

"So have you," I replied and Ilara held a hand on his shoulder so he wouldn't do anything.

"But you haven't. You haven't killed anyone," Samuel exclaimed and I looked away.

"I killed the American mafia leader who kidnapped me yesterday," I said and Samuel stood up.

"What?! How could you let her do that?! She's never killed anyone before!" Samuel yelled and Ilara grabbed his arm.

"Samuel, sit down," she said sternly and he glared at her.

"I offered, I need to kill someone before the Russia mission and this was a good opportunity. He didn't do anything," I explained and Samuel glared at Gavino.

"What is going on here?" my father asked as he entered the hallway.

"Father," I greeted him and Samuel was still fuming.