Chapter 41

A few days later I was sitting in my room

A few days later I was sitting in my room. I had been doing a lot of thinking for the past days and I just really needed a break from everything.

I wanted to get away from everything. I wanted to travel to see Ophelia. But I probably wasn't allowed to do that.

I just needed to relax and see my friend. We had called a lot since she left and she knew about Ilara and everything.

But I wanted to see her in person. To hug her and see how she was.

So I decided to go and talk to Samuel.

I knocked on his door but opened it right after. He was sitting there in his office, reading a book. He looked up at me and smiled a little.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" he asked and I closed the door behind me and sat down.

"I have something I wanted to ask you," I answered and he nodded. "I would like to travel to see Ophelia."

"Oh, alone?"

"Well, no. But I haven't asked Noemi and Miranda if they want to come with me yet," I said and he sighed.

"It's okay by me, but this is one of those things were you have to ask Gavino too," Samuel replied and I froze.

"No."

"I'm sorry, Julieta. But I can't let you go without his permission," Samuel spoke and I sighed.

"Fine."

I stood up and walked out of his office. I wanted to go and ask Noemi and Miranda first because I needed to calm down before talking to Gavino.

I found Noemi and Miranda in the living room. They were sitting with Luca and Manuele. I sat down and they smiled at me.

"Hey, what do you think of going to Mexico?" I asked and Noemi widened her eyes.

"What?" she exclaimed and I nodded.

"We have Samuel's permission to go, I just need Gavino's," I said and they both hugged me.

"Oh my god, sounds great. But are you really going to ask Gavino?" Miranda replied and I shrugged.

"I have to."

~~~~

We talked for another twenty minutes before I decided that I couldn't put it up any longer and went to Gavino's office.

I heard voices inside so I decided to just stay outside and wait until they were done.

It sounded like Gavino was talking to Enrico. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I was just standing here minding my business and overhearing them.

"The alliance is still broken," Enrico said and I frowned.

What? But Gavino didn't die so it shouldn't be!