Chapter 34

We needed to leave

We needed to leave.

Gavino wasn't back and we needed to leave.

"Just ten more minutes," I begged Samuel but he shook his head and sighed.

"We have to go or we will miss the plane. I am as worried as you are, Julieta but there's nothing we can do but wait," he told me and I sighed. This couldn't be happening.

"Fine," I whispered and Samuel started the car and drove off.

I stared out the window and kept checking my phone.

Gavino told me that he would text if he was alive and didn't make it on the plane. He promised me.

So if I didn't get a text that meant that something had happened.

I just didn't know what.

I didn't even know if he was alive or not. Viviana kept drawing, she had drawn multiple pictures of Gavino by now but she still wasn't satisfied. I had the first one in my bag.

If Gavino didn't make it, it would be my fault. I was the one who insisted to go through with this mission.

He had to be alive.

Samuel drove and after a half hour we were at the airport. We got out of the car and walked onto the plane. I saw Miranda and Noemi sitting and whispering about something but they looked up when I got on the plane.

Miranda stood up and hugged me. "You did it!" she exclaimed and I nodded. She frowned and Noemi stood up too.

"Where's Gavino?" Noemi asked and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Gavino and Ilara never came back. We don't know what happened but we had to leave without them," I answered and tears streamed down my face.

"Oh, no!" Miranda exclaimed and hugged me. I sobbed in her arms and she just kept hushing me and rubbing my back.

We sat down because the plane was about to leave but I just kept sobbing. Everyone except for Ilara and Gavino made it.

Some were hurt but everyone was back except for them. I had tried to call Gavino multiple times but it went straight to voicemail.

What if he was dead?

What if he and Ilara died because of me?

I was selfish for wanting revenge, I should've just let it go and not made a big deal out of it. Not because of the fact that I did, two of the most important people in my life might've died.

Ilara didn't even get to meet my mother.

The plane took off and I just sat and silently cried in my seat.

I could see Samuel crying too but he was a lot better at hiding it than I was.

I sat down next to Samuel after a while and leaned my head against his shoulder. We were both going through the same thing.