Chapter 1

"You're going to be late!" my brother yelled at me while I was in the shower

"No I'm not!" I yelled back and heard him sigh loudly. He was always like that. 

I was going to my first meeting as part of the mafia. I was born in the mafia but now I was actually participating in the mafia.

I turned the water off and walked out of the shower.

My brother Samuel was just worried, like always. But he was overreacting. If he was the boss couldn't everyone just wait for him to start the meeting? That was how it worked, right? If it wasn't then it should be how it works. 

I knew he would be mad if I told him that to his face, which is why I didn't.

"Be down in 10 minutes Julieta," he said and I smirked.

"Yeah yeah," I responded and dried my hair.

I heard him walk out of the room and so I walked out of the bathroom and put on a pair of black heels, a black corset, black suit pants and a black suit. I put my gun in my pocket and walked downstairs.

Samuel glared at me and I just chuckled.

"Why so grumpy?" I asked and he sighed. I smiled as I teased him, he was so easily provoked. 

"Let's just go," he answered and we walked through the house to the office.

Everyone was already there. My cousins: Noemi, Hugo and Àlvaro. My best friends: Alba and Miranda. Samuel's friends that I never bothered to get to know, some other family and the alliance mafia.

Then standing by my father was the most gorgeous man I had ever seen. His green eyes met mine and I held the stare. His black fluffy hair was messy but still somehow laid in place. He was wearing a black dress suit but I could just imagine how good he would look in just jeans and a T-shirt.

He looked so well put together but oh if you would just take the gel out of that hair and put that man in some casual clothes, he would be perfection. 

"Good you're here," my father stated and I sat down next to Samuel who had just taken his place. "Gavino this is Julieta my daughter, she's new."

Gavino didn't even bother to respond, he just simply nodded and looked me up and down. Uh, rude or what?

My father started speaking about our plan but I barely listened. I couldn't stop staring at Gavino. He seemed to listen to my father speaking and responded too.

Gavino was the leader of the Italian mafia. We had an alliance with them so we could keep peace between our mafias. I had never met him before, just simply heard about him from my brother and some of my cousins.

"We need to strike against the Russians," my brother said and stood up.

"What?" Gavino exclaimed and looked at my brother like he was crazy. "We can't start a war with the Russians."